Wendy's

I've done a little research by calling Wendy's customer service. Jane tells me that the singer is a "nobody" that Mccain-Erickson Advertising in NY used. It is a remake of Steppenwolf's "Magic Carpet Ride". I've contacted Mccain-Erickson and am waiting on a reply.

Wow, thanks for that. I hope it turns out this "nobody" recorded an entire version of the song and we get to listen to it eventually. :)

Heya Folks.

Glad I happened onto this thread. I love the original, and every time I hear this rendition. Thanks for all the hard work, as well. I look forward to DaveE's next post.

Funny that someone would refer to the artist as a "no-name." Seems to me that if many people enjoy the rendition, then someone is overlooking a great marketing opportunity. It reminds me of the story of Xerox, in the book "The Billions Nobody Wanted." I think of it whenever someone says that cartoons these days are just marketing vehicles; I think back to when I was a kid, and wanted anything and everything having to do with Space Ghost and Secret Squirrel. Somebody finally wised up and served the market. Let's hope this advertising agency clues in. I'd pay $0.99 to download it. We may be witnessing the emergence of the next Kelly Clarkson.

All I can say is that you all are SO COOL!!!

DaveE - thank you sooo much for doing something that I had actually thought about but never seemed to have time and I was SURE I'd get the run around and talk to a computer and blah blah blah - but you are AMAZING!!! I will await the answer to this million dollar question!!
Actually - I totally agree about the chick singing...I can't believe she's never done anything before - yes, she does have that 'pop' sound - but 80's is definately one of my FAVORITE genres... maybe that's why I do like it so much! (I love Country, Pop, Rock - all of it!).

Enough of my rambling...thanks again all!!!

I finally got hold of someone at Mccain-Erickson Advertising in NY about the Wendy's Frescata commercial song "Magic Carpet Ride." Believe it or not, they refused to give me any information about who sang the song. "That information is confidential between our company and our clients."

Wow, that shocks me. We have had many other times where a song was done just for a company but they were usually happy to give out he artists name. I wonder if the artist has agreed to this. Doesn't seem fair to them.

I just got off the phone this am with Wendy's customer relations. They promised that they would do their best to find our who sang "Magic Carpet Ride" on their Frescata commercial. She said they have had many calls about this. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this "mystery" singer.

Yeah, Wendy's can't "hog" this singer to themselves. Boycott Wendy's until the release the name of the artist!! haha :lol:

Yes, it's odd that that they wouldn't release the name of the singer. One time I emailed a company to find out the name of the actress in a commercial because I recognized her and couldn't remember her name. They said it was confidential and they wouldn't tell me. I eventually figured it out, but it was an annoying response. Why make a popular commercial and then refuse to give out any info on it? That doesn't sound smart to me.

I'm glad somebody at Wendy's is willing to help. I can't wait to get to the bottom of this. :)

Glad to see I am not the only one interested in finding this out.

And ofcourse its a bastardization of the original...but what cover isn't? There's only a handful of decent covers in the history of modern music.

Coming from someone who loved the original, I also think this one is very good and would love a full version.

I can't believe it is taking all this to find out who sings a song in a commerical!!
If I was the chick singing - I would be pissed that they weren't SHOVING my name out there to people!! LOL

I also sent an email to the company about, but obviously lol I didn't get a response back either!

You know - I couldn't imagine subscribing to Ad Tunes before May - I never even knew it existed! - but I LOVE this site and have told everybody I know about it!!
You all are awesome!!

I still search the net to see if something pops up on this, but no luck so far... hopefully the lady at Wendy's will come through with the info!! My fingers are crossed here!! :)

You know - I couldn't imagine subscribing to Ad Tunes before May - I never even knew it existed! - but I LOVE this site and have told everybody I know about it!!
You all are awesome!!

Glad you decided to join. :) I came to this site a long time ago looking for the song from a taureg commercial and have been addicted since.

I just got off the phone with Jane at Wendy's Customer Relations and they are still telling me the singer is a "nobody." If you would like to pester them (614) 764-3100.That is it for me. Have a great day!

How 'bout this. Post a notice on casting sites, asking artist to come forward and claim fame. We'd need to verify somehow. Would be surprised if artist is under gag order. One site is starsearchcasting.com. Any volunteers?

Taken from the Ads page on Wendys' site ...

"At Wendy's®, we're unrivaled in our passion for giving people what they want — and uncompromising in giving people what they deserve."

I guess they don't stand behind it since they won't release the artist info for Magic Carpet Ride ...

I'd like to get a hold of the cover!

I called that phone number and was transferred to a voicemail system. Not exactly what I was hoping for.

I had a similar idea about getting the artist to come forward. I don't know exactly how to go about it though. I guess if we go to every relevant message board and email every relevant website, we might cause enough internet buzz to get Wendy's to release the name. That's a big undertaking and I wouldn't even know where to start.

I had to register to post when I saw this thread. I was just looking for the same song. I had no idea it was such a 'mystery'.

Some of the girls at my daughter's dance studio just did a Magic Carpet Ride dance to this song and we have all been humming around the house for days.

I will call the studio in the morning and see if I can find out where to get this song.

Crossing my fingers they're not gone for the summer,
Lindsey

Wendy's must be lying to us then if your daughter's dance class is using the song. Thank you very much for looking into it. The mystery has gone on far too long!

disney.go.com/disneyrecords/ song-albums/lavidamickey/index.html
track #11
is this it? sounds possible.

Hard to tell. I can't get it to play on Disney's site, with either Quicktime nor RM, found the cd on Amazon's site with track samples but that doesn't sound like it, the version that played on Amazon had was an english/spanish mix.

Back