Wendy's

The enthusiasm of these posts and the persistence of the searchers is prompting me to dig up an old post I put up a couple of years ago. Not that the mystery tune has consumed me (a Toyota commercial featuring a modern rocked out Take Me Out To The Ball Game), but seeing as how you all have been digging and digging - and maybe actually getting somewhere! - I thought I'd see...

A) if anyone even remembers the commercial I mentioned
and
B) if so, is there any known way to work the google-yahoo/blog/email world to find this kind of info for any commercial that makes peoples' ears perk up and wonder, "Who was that? And where can I get a copy of it?"

Anyway, here's the link to the now 2-year-old thread

http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showto...view=getnewpost

Good luck in your Wendy's search, and, if you've got any advice on my quest, I'll keep an eye/ear out.

And to the AdTunes Forum team: you rock!

Okay, I've called the dance studio 3 times, but they've been gone for the summer. We start back Sept. 5th, so I'll ask then if I can't reach someone before.

~Lindsey

I may be wrong since I havent seen the commercial in a long time but I could have sworn it was the Crystal Methods "Magic Carpet Ride Remix" that was used.

I just wanted to let everyone know that there's a new version of this song now. The new commercial uses a shorter clip of the same song, but there's a pause where there wasn't one before and at the end, the girl says the lyrics instead of singing them. I can't really describe it. Anyway, I don't want this thread to die. I want us all to keep trying to find the singer.

Ok I could have missed it, but I am suprised that nobody has mentioned Jewel. She was the first person that I thought of when I heard the song, which by the way I absolutely love. I would never have joined one of these otherwise. We have to find it.....I need this song.......LOL ;)

Ahhhhhhh Jewel!! It is definately possible!!! GREAT thinking!! I'll do some searching as well on that one - anyone else finding anything? I can not believe that this is still unsolved! :) The search continues... lol :D

I don't think it is Jewel. The tone of the singer is different. Just saw that ad tonight and it caught my attention immediately, and low and behold, here I am searching.

So LindseyE, it is way past Sept 5th, any news?? I would guess that the song was a remake just for the commercial and doesn't exist anywhere else. But if it does.... :D

Okay, I hate to add another name to the mix but I am like 99 percent sure it's Elizabeth Daily. She does a lot of voiceovers..most notably Tommy Pickles from Rugrats. She also guest starred on an episode of Friends as Leslie...the ex singing partner of Phoebe. On the episode, you can catch her singing a few songs and it sounds exactly like the one in the commercial! Anyone agree? B)

Nobody has mentioned it yet, but any chance it could be Renee Cologne, the same female who sang the Petula Clark song - (Just)Color My World on the M&M's commercial a few years ago?

LinseyE! I realize it's been like a year, and the dance studio is probably closed again...

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since this post was started.

Anyone know a link to the commercials (there were two, right? the old one and a newer one?)

The audio for Wendy's "Magic Carpet" was mixed at our facility, Headroom Digital Audio in NY. The singer is Karen Gilliam. She is also a talented voice-over artist. There is still a video on our site, if you would like to view it. http://www.headroomdigi.com (In the TV and film mixing section).

Back