Walmart "Save More Smile More"

Is there an update with this? Looking for the full length track the artist said they might complete?? Crossing my fingers, its a very uplifting song!! Everytime I see the commercial, I end up singing the song in my head ALL Day!

Walmart

Walmart is running a commercial where the smiley face appears in several shots, cherios in a bowl of milk, clouds in the sky, a baby's mobile...etc. There is a song underneath with lyrics something like "what is mine, what is your, what is ours, is golden. here we are here we are....." does anyone know the name of this song and who the artist is? Thanks

:( I am totally bummed! I want to go buy the album with this song on it. Hopefully the artist will finish the song so we can all enjoy it.

theres first some stuff forming happy faces (HF) , then it has a water tank that forms a HF, then people around a tv form a HF, then its a baby that forms a HF, then it the mobile on top of baby that makes a HF, then goes to wal marts logo.

I like the rest of you enjoyed this little jingle until one day when I was actually walking through Wal Mart and was singing along to it with the overhead speaker. I caught myself singing these words, "we're in the moment...spend it all" which is exactly what it sounds like the singer is saying at the end of the jingle. This bothers me. Subliminal messaging, anyone? I know I am going to get attacked for this and accused of being anti-Wal Mart or something. But I am not, I practically live there, with 4 children, a husband and a big home. The prices can't be beat. But the jingle bothers me now. Sorry. <_<

this artist does have music for sale on itunes under Bernie Barlow. You can also buy her cd from her web site. It is a mom and pop opperation , but they are cool.
also , at the end of the ad, the lyric is" smiling on" not spend it all as someone wrote . funny what we think we hear.

Originally posted by I-Love-Ecotec@Mar 15 2006, 11:06 AM
And I guess it's pretty terrible that they give thousands of people Jobs with good benifits, regardless of their education.

I'm not going to get into whether they are the new Evil Empire, but I will say that most of their average employees (the non-suits) are overworked and underpaid and the "benefits" aren't so great either.

Originally posted by bogbrush@Jun 15 2006, 08:46 AM
this artist does have music for sale on itunes under Bernie Barlow. You can also buy her cd from her web site. It is a mom and pop opperation , but they are cool.
also , at the end of the ad, the lyric is" smiling on" not spend it all as someone wrote . funny what we think we hear.
I had to register and post a comment on this one.

Actually OBother is correct. I analyzed the commercial soundtrack with my audio equipment and she is clearly singing, "here we are, here we are, here we are in the moment spend it all". Cleverly the woman speaking was placed to mask what was being sun in the background. As a marketing executive and professional, this is actually subliminal messaging targeting customers while shopping in the store. The conscious misses it but the subconscious catches it for most people. Then you mysteriously find yourself spending more than you should or would normally spend under the pull of a uppity, catchy ensnaring soundtrack with repetitive phrases with subtle commands sung by a sweet innocent feel good voice. If you pay close attention the lyrics don't make a lot of sense except to make one feel good and experience a type of euphoria and carefree motivation. That's why it tickles the heart soul and mind a little when listening. It is compounded by remembering the visual commercial with all of the smiles and feel goods in it, especially the baby. This brief commercial is genius and a classic textbook example of a strategic and advanced audio/visual marketing campaign. Companies literally pay millions for this type of quality production and advertising. Bernstein-Rein is a seasoned heavyweight and was not picked by accident.

This commercial campaign was clearly designed with two things in mind, enhance and elevate Wal-Mart's crappy image and entice more impulse spending. It was geniusly executed and explains why it was one of their most successful campaign's ever. Since they want us to be caught in the moment so we can spend it all, don't count on a real full length song to be made out of it. General entertainment was not its purpose.

Back