Walmart Mom

Aleopold

Reaction score
There is a new commercial by Walmart. A mom is walking thru the house and sedative music is playing. Anyone know the name of this music?

I'd like this one too, but I have a feeling its gonna be hard to track down.

I too would like to find that song from that walmart commercial!!! It was beautiful! I am an artist and I like to have music that is so flowing like the one played! If any one gets the name of that song please let me know!!! Does any one else have any music referrals that is similar?

Thank you !! :) Maureen

Is this the same commercial with the vaguely Hispanic mom with the iPod shuffle strapped to her arm?

Yes it is the woman with the ipod strapped to her arm! she is walking thru the house and than she goes into her art room to paint... after passing her husband/male friends watching football and than passes her children being loud but at the same time she is in a peaceful spot due to this beautiful music being played :) any luck at knowing the name of the music?

I've tried looking everywhere i could possibly look and still nothing. Every time I hear the commercial i want to jump in the TV and ask her what the name of the song is! I hope someone can find it soon.

Maybe someone can start by looking at the list on the ipod. There is a shot of her going down the list of songs but its hard but maybe not impossible to read. If someone has a dvr or a thing where u can pause it and see it clearly and MAYBE even zoom to it, then that might help. Cuz i really wanna know too.

http://www.walmartfacts.com/talkwithus/contact.aspx

A walmart contact site, I know it's lame but. Might also be a good hit to E-mail new age music producers, your description and see if they know.. (GRP, Narada etc) Hey, they are living it..Here is my short letter to Walmart, maybe someone can cut and paste, I have disabled Java and can't send the document from their page. Good luck on our quest..

There is a great deal of interest in the music used in your latest Walmart media TV spot..A web description follows:

it is the woman with the ipod strapped to her arm! she is walking thru the house and than she goes into her art room to paint... after passing her husband/male friends watching football and than passes her children being loud but at the same time she is in a peaceful spot due to this beautiful music being played :) any luck at knowing the name of the music?

This is typical of the postings at various sites..Can anyone make a quick phonecall and find the artist/title info out? I will of course give Walmart all credit for being helpful and giving due diligence..Please pass on if you can, Thanks..Dave C

Use your name of course, I dunno if seeing the Ipod would work as it may just be a prop and not related to the music bed on the spot..Dave c

hallelujah! I found the answer! I tried calling my local Wal-Mart electronics department - no luck. I called corporate customer service, still no luck. I finally found a website called Walmartfacts.com and from there extrapolated an email address to the Technology department. And the answer from Ms. Gallagher was: "We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the music in our recent television spot we have dubbed "Calm Mom." When we were creating the television piece, we wanted something with the feel of Yanni or Enya.
Unfortunately, the music you hear in the spot was actually created specifically for this spot, so it won't be available for purchase. You might also enjoy Enigma or Deep Forrest. There are also a number of relaxation CDs available in our stores sold near the candles."

That totally sucks! It sounds like who ever it was could have a career. Hell There are about 20 of us that would buy the cd right now huh? That song sounded killer, its too bad its not a real band. I love celtic music, new age and chanting. That song sounded quite professional.

Awww, naw, this piece was created solely for the commercial? Well doesn't that figure? "Calm Mom": geez. At least I'm glad I googled my way to this board and the question is no longer plaguing me. When I first heard this music I was not in front of the television, but it stopped me dead in my tracks and propelled me to the TV to find out what was this blissful music coming from, of all places, network TV??? Arrggh, Wal-Mart, I feel cheated! ;)
Glad to find I'm not alone in wanting to find this out. Thank you guys for investigating.

Glad to hear that so many people like the music. It was an original piece composed by Chris Sweetland at Liquid 9 in Kansas City. If you ever need any sound design or music give him a call or go to their website at iloveliquid9.com
The spot was done by Bernstein-Rein Advertising, also in Kansas City.

Just a thought to those who are searching for that song... there's a group from France called Metisse who have a VERY SIMILAR sound and their song "Nomah's Land" is very similar. It's available for listening and download on

Metissemusic.com

Back