Wal-Mart

jacko

Reaction score
Anyone know the name of the band in the walmart commercial...
the song says "keep me in mind"?
j

Just saw a Zellers commercial and now the song they used is stuck in my head. Actually I didn't "see" it. I did make it to the tv in time to see the Zellers and HBC logos, so I'm sure it's a Zellers commercial. I'm pretty sure it's in the same style of the recent Zellers commercials, like the ones with Joel Plaskett's "Nowhere With You" or The Salteens' "Nice Day".

Song info:

Singer - Male
Style - sounded like "pop" to me, it had keyboards
Lyrics (that I can remember) - "if I was a bird, I would sing every day for you".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yeah i'm pretty sure it's walmart.. they're copying zellers' style now. sorry I do not know the song to help though.

I don't actually watch tv but I know that last year Zellers used a great song called "The Littlest Birds" by the Be Good Tanyas. Even if this isn't the song you're thinking of, it's this great to hear.

Does anyone know the song played during the Wal-Mart women's new season clothing?

The commercial features women running and posing around a garden, and the song goes "if i was a bird I'd sing everyday for you oh baby this is what I'd say..."

Thanks!

Close as I could get...

"I Would Do Anything for You" by Buck Owens

apparently available on this album:

http://www.lpdiscography.com/o/Owens/owens..._b_talldark.htm

[Hint: Grammar helps. 'Were a bird' not 'was a bird' ;) ]

If I were a bird I would sing for you if I were a bell I would ring for you
If I were a tear I would cry for you for I would do anything for you
If I were a kite I would fly for you if I were a ship I would sail for you
If I were a heart I would beat for you for I would do anything for you
[ dobro ]
If I were the day I would dawn for you if I were the sun I would shine for you
If I were a rose I would bloom for you for I would do anything for you
If I were a joke I would laugh for you if I were a ball I would bounce for you
If I were a clown I would dance for you for I would do anything for you
If I were a clown I would dance for you for I would do anything for you :unsure:

..or even closer with:

http://marcodifelice.blogspot.com/2007/03/walmart.html

Who is Indie Joe or Geoff Marshall?

Keep me in mind, call me some time

We welcome Geoff Marshall to the composing madness at indie joe. This song, even has the walmart cashier clerks swooning to the lyrics ."and if I was a byrd, I'd sing every day for you my baby, this is what id say..". I am caught singing in the act, rosie is on drums, and sheldon kelly rounds out on bass...enjoy.

Thanks for the help, especially the link to the clip. Now I can play it over and over until I get sick of it, which won't be soon. Damn! It's such a catchy tune!

yeah, that one...:)

Marco (the singer on the track) tells me that he'll be putting it on his next album...

Nope. I wrote it. The band is Antimatter www.myspace.com/theantimatter though the singer is Marco from Supergarage/MarcoSolo/Noaffiliation . I sing the backups and play guitar/piano Glad you liked it (I hope)

Cheers
Geoff Marshall

This is a new commercial for Wal-Mart it's a spring theme and has the tagline "Time to Change" at the end. I'm wondering if anyone knows the song?

Some lines I could make out from it:

"I'll sing everyday for you and baby this is what i'll sing" (somewhere along those lines)

Thanks for the help! ;)

Back