VW Volkswagen Cabrio "Moonlight" drive

As Amelie would say, I was just being a Schmahhhtass. Or something like that. I don't know HOW they spell it in Germany but I assume it's the same. I just didn't have a better comeback. <_< :p

Alright, I'm sorry I'm short on details here, but this has been driving me crazy. I can't remember what type of car it was, or any lyrics to the song, but I do remember the commercial. It features four 20 something's riding in a car at night. The music in the background is soft, the moon is shining, the sun roof is open and they all look really content. They pull up to a house where a party is going on, stop, and all end up staying in the car, eventually driving away without going to the party. I'm certain it's a commercial that hasn't been shown since at least last year. Any ideas as to what the music is?

I am pretty sure the commercial you are describing is for the Volkswagen Cabrio. Expand your search from there. Good luck.

edit: Try "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake.

Thank you so much. That is the song!! I didn't think it was because the sample available on amazon only played the chorus, which doesn't appear in the commercial. Did I say thank you already?

boomerang, Good one. Recognized that right off as I discovered Drake's music from that commercial. GB, the whole album and his other two are recommended.

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a song from a car commercial thats probably just a year or two old. I'm almost positive it is a VW commercial. It is the one where four people are riding around in a convertible on what looks to be a very beautiful summer evening. They pull up to a party, the four people look at each other, then they back out on to the road and drive away in the moonlight. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I don't have much info to give, but I thought I'd at least try.

There was a car commercial (not sure what make/model) from around the year 2000. It was a couple of kids driving at night to a party, looking at the moon. They arrived at the party, and decided to leave to drive around again.

The song was just a guitar and a male voice singing. I've always thought it was a beautiful song, but no one knew who it was.

"Pink Moon" by Nick Drake. Audio sample available here, track 1. Also available from .

Thanks a million. Tried the searches before but just didn't have any specifics to use!

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this, but I couldn't find any other discussions on this topic currently. This VW commerical was broadcast within the last five years. It was for the Jetta I'm pretty sure. If not, It was a Passat. It was a group of people driving to a party at night with the moonroof open. They get to the party and decide to continue driving. The song was an acoustic folk/rock song from the 60's-70's from an artist who I believe died in his 20's after 1 or 2 albums or something. please help. thanx

In the Late 90's or Early 2000's there was a Car Commercial with a White/Gray car drive around on a summer night with a few young adults in it. I believe the commercial was show off that the car had a Sun/Moon roof window in it, But the thing that made this commercial awesome was the ever so sweet and nice song what was playing in the background. The Song was just a guy singing over a acoustic guitar and it really gave that late summer night feeling when you heard it.

If anyone out there knows the information on this song it would be amazing.
thank you very much.

I totally remember that commercial! Arg....I just can't remember what kind of car it was. But I remember liking the song too. :unsure:

Pink Moon by Nick Drake ??? Older VW ad shot at night with young people............

I've been looking for this myself, the song is by Jeff Buckley I believe but I don't know the title or the car in the commercial, hopefully someone will know

I betcha it was "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake. Track 1

Edit...........DOHHHHH. Good call Logan :rolleyes:

Back