Visa Check Card Flowers

bearq

Reaction score
Can anyone identify the background instrumental music in the new Visa Check Card spot? It sounds vaguely 1930's or 1940ish. Latin beat, big band. In the spot flowers bloom after being watered.

"Aquarela do Brasil" or simply Brazil. This particular version is performed by Geoff Muldaur. It was part od the soundtrack from the movie "Brazil".

Originally posted by logan01@Jun 1 2007, 09:46 AM
"Aquarela do Brasil" or simply Brazil. This particular version is performed by Geoff Muldaur. It was part od the soundtrack from the movie "Brazil".
Looks like one of those disappearing invisible unseen Adtunes previous threads the search engine can't see.

This one?

"Brazil" by Geoff Muldaur

Get it at.

:blink: ;)

This is the same version that appears on the Michael Kamen - Brazil soundtrack?

This is the same version (the whistling version) from the movie Brazil soundtrack.

It is from Brazil (best movie EVER) and it is the Michael Kamen version, not Geoffrey Muldaur.

Michael Kamen only wrote the score and did the orchestration. The track in question- yes, I have the soundtrack CD in front of me- is one of three non-Kamen versions of the titular song, and is indeed by Geoff Muldaur...and I can state that yes, it is one of the best movies ever, hands down. :)

Like Powerhouse before it, the usage of Brazil has its own logic...particularly if you're familiar with the movie at all, and that in some scenes, the action is synchronised with the Brazil theme that recurs throughout the movie. :) You REALLY need to see the movie (rent the Criterion version) to "get it"... :)

d.m.f.

Does anyone know who the artist is or what song it is in that one Visa Check Card commercial where there are all these people in a garden store?
They are moving similarly to that in the deli commercial.
The song has this great whistling.
If anyone can help that'd be great I can't find it at all.
Thanks-Sam

I have went thru the whole list, and can't find it, I need to know what song is used for the Visa Checkcard commercial, its a whistled tune but it sounds so familiar.
The one where people are garden shopping, with flowers all over the place.

Thanks so much,, sevenup

The title of the song is "Brazil".It's an old tune from I believe either the 30's or 40's and has been done by a ton of different artist over the years.Try searching allmusic.com for a list of artist.

Back