Visa Check Card

Yes, that link takes you to find the title of this song:

The name of the song is "Powerhouse" by Raymond Scott

and yes, adtunes search can help us all find what we are looking for.

Thanks to others on this thread, I am the happy owner of a Raymond Scott Quintette anthology CD (remastered, no less) AND Bug Music by Don Byron. I highly recommend DB's tribute to Duke Ellington, John Kirby and RS. The arrangements are stellar and loads of fun to listen to. Samples at Amazon.com or musicmillennium.com. Interesting history of RS at Wikipedia.

Any ideas on what the name of the song from this commercial is? Or are we all just waiting for Mophonics?

:what:

djmattyb --

We've known the name of this song since October...

I guess the only one waiting for Mophonics is you!!!

:duh:

:nuke:

Greetings! I have not seen the commercial myself but my old man is driving me nuts trying to figure out the song. The commercial in question contains a song that, according to him, sounds like a Beatles song. All I know is that the song starts of slow and then picks up tempo about midway through. The commercial typically plays in the Toronto area on channel 8 (CFTO/CTV) during the 6 pm newscast. Looking for the name and song title. Thanks!

i don't know what commercial he's talking about but I am looking for a mastercard commercial also and the song is kinda jazzy with no words, but the spot is of a deli with everyone running around until everything stops cause someone pays with cash.

It's a cover of an old tune by Raymond Scott called "Powerhouse". Used in Warner Bros. cartoons, Looney Tunes, etc. forever and a day. Great cover; currently unknown artist and not available as a "finished" song.

I am curious what the song is in the Visa Check Card commercial in the deli where the customer uses cash and screws up the whole system.

Here is a link to the commercial. I would appreciate any help with the name of this song.

I'd like to have it too. It's a cover of an old tune by Raymond Scott called "Powerhouse". Used in Warner Bros. cartoons, Looney Tunes, etc. forever and a day. Great cover; currently unknown artist and not available as a "finished" song.

Sorry for the bad news; You're welcome. Maybe someone will feel the Christmas spirit and release some of these "private stock" tunes.

Originally posted by logan01@Dec 15 2006, 12:42 PM
Sorry for the bad news; You're welcome. Maybe someone will feel the Christmas spirit and release some of these "private stock" tunes.
no it cant be exclusive because how else did soul coughing get it for the sample?

unless you can reverse engineer music.

Exclusive as it pertains to marketing and commercial sales and yes; music can be "reverse engineered".

I think we all heard "Powerhouse" first in those great old Warner Bros.' cartoons. Thanks for starting this thread so we could know the actual name of the tune!

There is a snippet of "Powerhouse" hidden in the last minute of Rush's song "La Villa Strangiato." (On "Rush in Rio," the band vamps on the chords for a bit during a break in the song.)

Back