Travel Channel "Be A ..."

If, someone suggested, the music is proprietary, then the commercial version is probably it. Unless they commissioned or borrowed it from one or another of the groups mentioned here or someone else in which case it wouldn't surprise me if it was tied up in one rights issue or another. I don't think it is a piece of something already released because there are other folks casting around the net looking for the origin and my experience is that there is someone out there who would have recognized it for certain in the past several months. And the group would be pointing at it on their website as well. (As the DW's have done with any of the several songs of theirs that have turned up in commercials or shows.)

As far as I can tell, it is an edited outtake from a song called "The Lonely End of the Rink" by The Tragically Hip.

May not be, however, it's pretty darn close to it, minus the lyrics of course.

Glen

Yea that is pretty short...But I guess it will have to do...Beggers can't be choosers eh?

I just called DNG posing as a journalist writing an article on the mystery of "the travel channel theme song mystery"....more to come

Its not the one by the Tragically Hip, just some of the notes are the same. I'm checking the music avaliable on Youtube. They carry some small bands and it might be one of them.

-Justin

Man! You would think the Travel Channel would get a hint by now!!!! I've been following this thread since it started, and still no answer. After umpteen million emails and phone calls made, you'd think we'd make headway, but noooooo. (In mocking tone) 'We're just gonna give these people the same exact response every time.' Well, dernit, we want the song!!!!

I have found the official answer via an inside Discovery Channel source.

I will quote but not indicate who said it:

"That's our Anthem spot. The music was custom made and licensed just for the spot. "

Travel Channel

I just have to bump this. I know the Travel Channel supposedly gave their reply to this in the post before me, but I've had the shortened version of this song for a while now and have been itching to find out more by the same artist (?).

Here's to solving this mystery...

Back