The Sopranos

Found one reference stating it may be an aria from "The Marriage of Figaro".

Being a lover of great opera music I can tell you, without question, that it is "Voi Che Sapete (Tell Me What Love Is)".

Charlotte Church did a fantastic version of it in english and it is indeed from Figaro.

Someone identified the small town Sopranos A&E ad song as Voi Che Sapete (Tell Me What Love Is) from The Marriage of Figaro. I would love to know the correct singer of this aria. There are so many versions- are there any opera buffs out there who can tell me who actually sang this version???

This is for an early trailer for the final episodes it aired back in april and is currently available as a podcast, the son is 'paint it black' am looking for the band covering it. it sounds like a 70's band like the grassroots or something they use the bongo and other jungle-ish instruments...anyone?

actually the Eric Burdon & Animals on itunes (5:59) is not it. Its a good very guitar oriented version but not the one...and he does not sound like the one in the trailer. but thanks.

Hey, Im new here. I was wanting to know if anyone saw that new sopranos commercial announcing that the final episodes are available. I really liked the song, anyone know what it was?

Hey anyone know what the song is for the new sopranos commercial? Its the one announcing the release of the final episodes and the only thing I really remember is a girl crying when she saw a carpet being loaded on a truck and a guy at the deli bar crying.

Yes I just saw this one! It's 11:33PM and I'm watching FX. It's slow mellow piano music. Someone please find this one!

"Wrapped in My Memory" by Shawn Smith? Slow mellow piano and used in past show promos.

very nice song, but this isn't the one i heard.

the other piece i heard had no lyrics, and had more of a classical tone to it.

i would best describe it similar to that of

philip glass

michael nyman

carly comando

Here's the lowdown on the HBO Sopranos commercial "Sopranos Lives on DVD" (the one with various people crying as they are reminded of Sopranos no longer being made - from a rolled up carpet being tossed into a garbage truck to a butcher shop):

I called the ad agency, Venables, Bell & Partners, and found out the song was composed by an in-house composer specifically for that ad spot. So even though it's the greatest 30-seconds of song ever, that's all you're ever going to hear, unfortunately.

Too bad - as the song had huge potential. I hope this post helps those searching for the song as I know how frustrating it can be to hear a song and not be able to figure out who composed it and how to get a hold of it.

Anyway, I'll be watching the commercial over and over just to hear those 30 seconds of perfection.

Wow! TLBLANK went straight to the source! I've had that spot, which happened to be in the middle of some movie way back in October, taking up valuable space on my TIVO just because I can't bring myself to delete it. I'm trying to learn the piano, and I keep re-winding it over and over. I've searched a few other times for the name of it, and now, sadly, my search is over. Too bad a piece as beautiful as that wasn't a full song. Guess I'll just have to learn to play it. Thanx Blank!

The Sopranos DVD

Hi, Folks:

Anyone know the track playing over this commercial? It's for the entire series. Begins with a bunch of quick-shots/frames taken from the show.

Song is heavy with electric harmonica and syncopation. Bluesey. Hip-hoppy.

Thanks!

Re: SOPRANO'S Series DVD Set

Its an R.L. Burnside tune called "It's Bad You Know"

Sopranos Ad

Does anyone know the artist in the fairly recent Sopranos ad that sounds like a blues song?

Back