The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

bucky

Reaction score
hmm i don't exactly know how to describe this one.. it was on a repeat of fresh prince this afternoon (1/8/04) Will and Carlton are in Vegas and enter a dance contest and they stick their pelvis out to the beat...and the only singing is something like "lets party" or something. its been featured on another episode- i think the last one.

wow ok didn't think i'd ever find that song, much less that fast..
anyway its:
sugar hill gang, apache(jump on it)

just in case anyone wanted to know...

Actually, believe it or not.. I knew that one. I was all gung ho to give you the answer and almost didn't see that you already answered yourself.
How GREAT is that song for authentic early 90's cheese rap?

Heck, if you're interested, Sir Mix-a-lot himself did a remake, but called it just plain Jump On It

speaking of songs, does anyone know the one that will serenades uncle phil with at the end of the episode 'the script formerly known as..' i need that song!!

Hi all!:

Does anyone know the songs are that are from the show, "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-air"? Like, before certain scenes, music starts and I like a lot of the music that is played before those certain scenes. So, does anyone know where I can find the song titles and artists' names of the music that is played before certain scenes of "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-air"? Thanks in advance.

QD-III (Quincy Jones' son) did all of the music for that show. However, to date, an OST has never been released.

Hey all!:

Eihtball - What does "ost" mean? And, now, what did you mean by, "However, to date, an OST has never been released." I don't really understand your meaning of your response to my post is. Thanks, bye.

OST = Original Soundtrack

In any case, by "to date", I mean it hasn't happened yet.

Hey all!:

Eihtball - ohhhhh.....well, THAT really stinks!:( So, how will I be able to hear a sample of those songs that Quincy Jones' son had created for that show? Or, is sampling a song illegal, in this forum, as well? I don't know, that's why I'm asking (sarcasm is NOT intended).

I'm not sure. I don't know if the music has ever been released publically at all, so it might not be possible to hear a sample.

Sorry. :(

All that I can suggest is, maybe if the show ever comes out on DVD or something, you could get it. It's quite easy to rip sounds from DVDs'. I use a program called VideoMach to do it. You can simply tell the program to copy sounds based on the time in which they appear in the video file, and then save them as .WAV or .MP3 files.

However, the show isn't out on DVD yet. Hopefully it will be in the future. You'd think that for a show as popular as that, they'd have it on DVD by now, but no... :angry:

I'm looking for a song from the show episode where they have a "behind the scenes" episode. The song went "jump on it jump on it" er something like that

I remember that episode. I think you are looking for "Apache" by The Sugarhill Gang. Hope that helps! ;)

fresh prince episode where will and carlton are both dancing to a song that goes 'jump on it, jump on it, it's time to jump on it' and i'm guessing it's from the 70's or around there..

Back