The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift

For those who wondering, the Japanese song in the intro of the trailer is called "Tokyo", and performed by Teriyaki Boyz.

HEY DUDES ! PLEACe who is the singer who sing :ALMOST OVER NOW: in the trailer ???? ;D ? sorry my english.. but somebody help me please ? :D

jo-nn-ee

The artist is N.E.R.D-Rockstar (Jason Nevins Remix). Hope this helps.

ok, i came on here looking, originally, for the song played on the Fast and the furious tokyo drift previews. but i found it myself, and if anyone else wanted the same song and couldnt find it, it's Tokyo Drift by Teriyaki Boyz. And its the song that has the asian girl rapping/singing to hip hop type music. they have a myspace as well...... your welcome =)

In the commercial that is on TV there is a track .. I think the 3rd track from when the trailer starts ... sounds like club music, maybe progressive ... anyone know anything about that track ?

Originally posted by nitric@May 27 2006, 04:04 PM
anyone know what song they play in the latest FTFTD trailer?
it is "be in tokyo" or "fast and furious" by the Teriyaki Boyz

Originally posted by tylerheatherly@May 27 2006, 05:48 PM
Does anyone know what the first song on the High Definition trailer is. Most of it is in Japanese so I'm can't type the lyrics into google.

It goes something like this:
*Something in Japanese*...Tokyo...*Something in Japanese*...You know you have to go...
:blink:

Maybe my ears are a little bit better attuned to the japanese accent than most (years of severe anime addiction?) but the song is mostly in english...

It starts off "I wonder if you know, how they live in tokyo..."

While some parts are difficult for me to make out (I found this site while trying ot find lyrics) nearly everything the female japanese voice from the chorus is saying is plain english. In fact... if what my ears make out is correct, the song has more spanish than japanese in it...

I was trying to find the lyrics to the tokyo drift song by the Teriyaki boyz and i have had no success!! i beleive that is the song u r talking about! where did u find the lyrics to the song?
and ur right btw i have the song and i think that pretty much all of it is in english apart from may be a few things!! :D

the song is called "Tokyo Drift" by the Teriyaki Boyz

and it's not all in japanese...cause it's mostly in english...

and the chorus is like...

I wonder in you know
How it be in Tokyo
If you seen it
Then you mean it
Then you know you have to go

cause it's Toykoooooooooooo drift drift drift...

Originally posted by Butterfly3000@Jun 20 2006, 05:34 AM
I was trying to find the lyrics to the tokyo drift song by the Teriyaki boyz and i have had no success!! i beleive that is the song u r talking about! where did u find the lyrics to the song?
and ur right btw i have the song and i think that pretty much all of it is in english apart from may be a few things!! :D
I never did find the lyrics unfortunately... and after writing that yesterday I listened to the song about 30 more times to try to make some lyrics out better...

the first rapper that starts after the chorus at the beginning recites about 2 verses of japanese and then starts reciting english. It's far too quick for my basic level of japanese to understand or translate...

one of the later rappers chops up his words a lot and it's hard to tell what he is saying at all... although I made out some english words, it could have been japanese that sounds similar to some english words. I'm pretty sure he is mixing english and japanese...

Originally posted by Iamdukepoptarts@Jun 20 2006, 11:24 AM
and the chorus is like...

I wonder in you know
How it be in Tokyo
If you seen it
Then you mean it
Then you know you have to go

it starts :

I wonder if you know
how they live in tokyo

2nd round leaves off the "I" and just says:

wonder if you know...

Originally posted by Iamdukepoptarts@Jun 20 2006, 11:24 AM
I can't make out what they are saying at that part... but I am quite certain they aren't saying that...

actually... I just figured out the first part of it... it's:

fast and furious (dip... dip... dip... ?)

in japanese accent and slurred together fast...

the "drift drift drift part sounds more like they are saying "dip dip dip"... sounded like dick the first time I heard it but I really doubt that.

so I guess that full chorus is:

I wonder if you know
how they live in tokyo
if you seen it
then you mean it
then you know you have to go
fast and furious...
(??? ??? ???)
fast and furious...
(??? ??? ???)

Hey I'm looking for the name/artist of the song that's playing when Bow Wow first shows his little green car to the main character. They're flipping through a whole bunch of expensive cars while this song plays and sorry but I can't remember the lyrics. All I can really describe is some deep-voiced hums making up the rhythm of it. Thanks.

It's been years since I've utilized my japanese but here's what I've gotten so far . . oh and [ ] means NOT sure if that's right or what goes in there! hehe anyway by NO means is this absolutely accurate - I tried to get the general gist so that there's even just a TINY bit to go by LOLOL . . . I'm sure they'll get the lyrics up soon and then we can all sing along 100% accurately . . . until then I hope this helps out all in fun . .

I wonder if you know
[howd it] be in Tokyo
If you see [me] then
you [meet/mean] it
then you know you have to go
fast and furious
de de de
fast and furious
de de de

LUXURY! [ . . . . ] so ma
so mita kono machi en so dema
de mama ichido s'gaijin new york suru [hotoriko]
JAPAN ICHIBAN!
Jump around
[say/sound you don't know the band]
Teriyaki boyz and the place to be
Seattle, [hai], VIP, [hai]
[ . . . . . . . .]
*phone rings*
Hai/Hi watashi teriyaki boyz . . .

I can work on it a bit more later if anyone wants . . but it's a fabulous song! If you are starting to like japanese techno/pop/current music check out Namie Amuro (recommended: "Want Me Want You" & "Put Em Up") and Ayumi Hamasaki ("connected - Push Remix" & "Because of You") too - hot stuff.

Ja mata!!!

Whoops - forgot another big chunk I had! hehe ::sheepish grin::

. . . .

Many, many diamonds danglin'
Bag full of money be strangalin'
hate me, fry me, bake me, try me
All of the above
cause you can't get in
I don't want no [ ]
Make you, shake you,
can't say thank you . . .
[ . . . ]

Thanks for some of the lyrics! in my opinion we should start up a lyric forum coz i don't know bout anyone else but i love to have lyrics for songs i like! and some times i just can't find them on google! hopefully the lyrics will be somewhere soon! i do really like that song! thanks again! :lol:

lyrics are getting harder to find because of the RIAA/MPAA mafia and their insane war against consumers. The little we have transcribed already could potentially cause issues if the RIAA or MPAA gets bored (which they seem to do often).

Back