The Departed

Yeah it is not Dropkick Murphys song ... I almost want to say its an Immediate Music track just from the sound but Im not sure.

The fact that there are like a "million" trailers for this movie hasn't really helped at all But all the songs that were posted on the forum were not the ones i was looking for....It's on one of the 30 second tv trailer, Sounds like industrial/heavy metal riff that makes you wanna bob your head up and down. It Has no words, just a beat and what i think is a distorted guitar. Someone help !!!!

This is the song im looking for...what about you prauasdeus? help

THATS THE SONG. The one with the woman singing...anyone know what it's called?

the song from TV Spot 10 in The Departed trailer is called "It's just a shot away" by The Rolling Stones. I was going crazy trying to figure it out too, it's such a great song!!!

The Rolling Stones song is called "Gimme Shelter".

still I'm looking for the name of the cue used in TV Spot # 4!!!!!

It's the 30 sec spot that starts with cards "Good Cop....Bad Cop". "Which side are you on"?

It's kinda a techno-y tune.

Anyone???

Originally posted by SenChic@Oct 22 2006, 04:34 PM
the song from the TRAILER in spot10 is "it's just a shot away" from the rolling stones.
As fob mentioned, the song is called "Gimme Shelter." But you're right about the Rolling Stones. ;)

Heres a listing of some of the songs used in the trailers.

THEATRICAL TRAILER
"Gimme Shelter" - The Rolling Stones
"I'm Shipping Up To Boston" - Dropkick Murphys
"Comfortably Numb" - Van Morrison & The Band
"Monster Drums" - Future World Music / Armen Hambar

The irish sounding one is probably: The Drop Kick Murphys - "Shipping Up To Boston".

The Departed is being released on DVD and they're running commercials like mad! So what is that song that is being played during the commercial? I don't know, you tell me! Thx in advance.

XOXO

Haven't seen the ad yet' but they use: "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys for a lot of promotional stuff for the movie.

Amazon

Well i don't know if that's it and unfortunately the song consisted of alot of OOOOOOOOOing and what ever they were singing i couldn't make out. If you do see the commercial let me know what you think and thanx for the reply!

I think the one you are talking about is "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones.

Back