Reign Over Me

dutchadonis

Reaction score
I just wondering what songs were used in this trailer, particularly the first and last. I know I have heard the first one before, I just have no idea who it is. The last song sounds like Pearl Jam, just not sure of the title.

here's the trailer
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2807485

Much Appreciated........any idea if/when the Pearl Jam song wil be released?

i just saw the commercial for Reign Over Me. I googled the trailer, and found a list of three songs "How to save a life", "Love Reign O'er Me", and "In This Life". I don't think that any one of those three were used in the ad. Any help you can give me would be extremely appreciated. =]

fyi the version of "Love Reign O'er Me" is done by PEARL JAM

the greatest band ever...i'm just saying. :)

Oh, "How to Save a Life" and "In This Life" were definitely used in the trailer. I remember because when I first saw the trailer, I immediately recognized both and the first thing I thought was, "Damn, how many popular songs are they going to cram into this ad?!"

the trailer i saw for this movie had the song you're so cool by Hans Zimmer

Originally posted by dieselino@Feb 26 2007, 09:47 PM
fyi the version of "Love Reign O'er Me" is done by PEARL JAM

the greatest band ever...i'm just saying. :)
BLASPHEMY!!! :!@#$: That song is just SO wrong without Roger Daltrey...

.... god I wanted to have his babies :p

:peace:

i just googled the commercial again...i noticed that there's a 2-and-a-half minute ad that includes the three songs.

the one i saw on tv was totally different. i can't really describe it well, but i know that liv tyler didn't appear until near the end of the ad and it seemed more like don cheadle's character was causing problems for himself by taking in sandler, not that they were both gaining something. it seemed like a sadder commercial. the song i was asking about is probably the last song played in the ad. it's a man's voice and the song is a slow-temp rock ballad.

thanks for any help in advance. =]

If it's the one that comes on tv it's "Ashes" by Embrace I believe. :unsure:

THAT'S IT!

thank you so, so, so much.
i can't believe you found it.
thank you again.

In addition, the song "Ashes" by Embrace is used in the longer commercial. This ad features Liv Tyler at the near-end, with a scene of Adam Sandler asking Don Cheadle's wife if he can go out.

The cover of the song "Love, Reign O'er Me" by Pearl Jam, was released onto the iTunes site in the last few days. Here's a link in case anyone wants it. (iTunes)

There's also a trailer that features The Killers' song "All These Things That I've Done" during a part of it.

I have been looking for that song "Ashes" for months you guys are awesome. Thanks so much

For the record, I'm a movie reviewer that's seen this and a few of the songs I noted from the movie itself are:

Paul Williams - Simple Man
The Pretenders - Stop Your Sobbing
Bruce Springsteen - Drive all Night

The movie is laced with Jackson Browne references and songs too, including "Birds of St. Marks"

Whoever put together the songs was really good, but sadly I don't see a soundtrack listing yet.. perhaps I'm not looking in the right place though.

Hi all, i'm new here and i simply wanna say that it's really cool that music lovers can share their knowlege to the good of others. a good use of internet!

i'm also under the impression that i saw one of the trailers of reign over me that started with a coldplay song? any thoughts!?

I would say it's probably the "Ashes" song by Embrace listed above. They've toured with Coldplay and sound a lot like them.

Back