Songs that remind you of other songs ...

Apparently DJ is not the only one to hear the similarities between "Dani California" and "Mary Jane's Last Dance": article and mp3.

I hadn't heard the Chili Peppers song 'til recently, but there's definitely an undeniable similarity.

I hear the similarity, but I don't think it's quite like Vanilla Ice and Queen. I mean, I don't think it's lawsuit worthy, ya know?

OMG! LOL! :p :lol:

Those were the days ... Vanilla Ice vs. Queen ...

Queen's song: Duh-duh-duh--da-da--dun-duh

Vanilla Ice's song: DA-Duh-duh-duh--da-da--dun-duh

That was how the two songs were different according to Mr. V. Ice! ...

Puleez! One syllable of difference!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

B)

Nah, it's not a blatant rip-off like "Ice Ice Baby", which used a sample of the bass line and piano intro from "Under Pressure" without permission. I doubt any legal action will be taken in this instance.

Capn ...

I read that article ...

Ooky and spooky!

I dunno, maybe somehow the CD review of RHCP that I read (if you look back to my very 1st post in this thread) was by this guy, I can't remember who wrote it ...

Anyhoo ...

I just gotta ...

WooHoo!!!!! Delaware in da House!!!!! Yay!!!!! :woo:

(Um, this would be in reference to the article capnmunch provided ... the guy was from Delaware)

B)

Yay!!!!!

Dela-where? Delaware!!!!!

:woo:

B)

I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned this one yet ;)

The intro to 'How Soon is Now' by The Smiths
AND
The intro to 'Hippychick' by Soho.

Same. That is all.

:p

Probably because I've never heard 'Hippychick' by Soho.

I am human and I need to be loved....
Just like everybody else does.

Wow. Usually when I meet new people I say "Hey, I bet I'm the only person you've ever met from Delaware". But you have cousins who live there....darn. :(

Here's my contribution, I'm sure I'm not the only one to think this though...lol

Iggy Pop - Lust For Life
Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl

And sorta kinda maybe along with those two.....The Jam - Town Called Malice

:D

Hey
I have a new one
the beggening of james blunt - your beautiful
and avril lavigne - tomorrow

Hey i got one!!! :lol:

The begining of The Red Hot Chili Pepper's "Can't Stop"
AND
that one song that starts, "Keep runnin, runnin, runnin, runnin, runnin. Keep runnin.....ect."

I can't place where I've heard the beginning of the Arctic Monkeys "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor", someone help me here. I thought it sounded like a Rage Against The Machine song but....dunno..anyone else??? :unsure:

Originally posted by tarheels88@May 19 2006, 07:04 PM
begginin of sizzla- be strong sounds like tok- footprints
Reggae songs use the same beats, that's why you often see what type of "riddim" it is next to the song title. For instance, Notch's "Nuttin Nuh Go So" has the same riddim ("Buy-out riddim" I believe) as Sean Paul's "Like Glue".

Back