Sharp Aquos

Status
Not open for further replies.
All:

I just heard back from Wieden and Kennedy. But first:

There are TWO different Aquos ads that we are talking about. The one with the piano track is NOT the one that was discussed in the previously linked thread.

The Aquos ad from the previous link was actually handled by a completely different company (Oasis). The ad that WE are talking about is probably titled "See More" but it contains a bunch of people walking around, driving, waiting for subways and playing WITH THEIR EYES CLOSED. Finally, at the end, one girl at an art museum opens her eyes.

The piano track for this ad (someone previously mentioned) was done by a company called Elias Arts based in L.A. Apparently the composer is Jonathan Elias (the president of the company). I will put in a call to him and see if the track will ever be released commercially or otherwise.

John

Thank you for clearing all that up concretely. I now am sure that I AM talking about the same commercial as everyone else in this thread.

I'm sorry to hear its not a regular song I could go find somewhere.

But thanks for your help.

I too am looking for the Auiois commercial song, The Paino one, And I was wondering If anyone has Found anything new out.

This Sharp spot is called "More to See" and it is the piano one everyone is looking for.

heretohelp is right, Elias Arts is the name of the music company. The composers name is Jonathan Elias.

***This information is provided from my account at AdCritic.com. If you have an account there you can view the commercials and even download them.

Just wondering if anyone out there might know what the music in this commercial is. I went to the website shown on the commercial Moretosee.com and got absolutely nowhere. Does anyone know the title or artist or both? :blink:

First of all you should try search. There are several threads about Sharp Aquos commercials. If none of them is the commercial that you are looking for you might want to try describing for us the commercial and the music.

Oddly, the ad linked here...

you can view the commercial here by going to search and typing in sharp.
(Thanks Ridzik6)

...is ALMOST the same ad I saw. The one I saw had the same music, but featured more of it, more footage of people with their eyes closed and less talking at the end. But definitely the same music.

Anyway, no word from John Elias yet. Will let you know if I hear anything.

John

jruff-
I noticed that too. Especially the talking at the end, which by the way I think ruins the commercial. (I know I know, its just a commercial, not a movie, but I really enjoy the music, and the guy's talking kills it.)

Anyway, I think maybe its a british/european cut of the ad?

Some of Jonathan Elias' work can be found on the Listen.com family of paid music services - Rhapsody is the most popular. He has one album on there, and one track sounds very similar to the piece featured in the Sharp commercial. All of his work sounds similar, and all of it is very unique. Hope I helped.

The music for the "See More" ad was actually originally used by Nike - 2000 Winter Games sequence. The one that starts and finishes with the kid running out of his house. Actually I though that it was a rip off to use the same song for it or at least I thought that it did not achieve the same impact as the nike ad did.

That's my opinion anyways. Unbelievable track though. I must have played it over and over for about 4 hours straight when it came out on Nike. It was great, since the ad was actually 90 seconds.

There's music like that all over the place. If you liked the Aquos music, you should download Fridge - Cut Up Piano and Xylophone. Outstanding track.

Does anyone know the name of the song in the sharp commercial? It has everyone with their eyes closed, and one girl opens hers at the end? Thanks

Did you search our Forums? I think there have been previous threads on this.

Um, just FYI, I ran a search and this is the only one that came up, is it the archives?

its some nike advert or something right? but its kinda not the one! although it sounds kinda similiar.. to e aquos one..

means that e aquos advert one is kinda like a remix of e tune of Jonathan ELias' move?

Well it isn't exactly a remix considering both of the songs are done by the same guy genius

i wish this wasn't my first post...uhg!...but i think sherpard meant if you compare track 12 on elias' album (like tucker_9966 suggested) to the current aquos ad, they are not exactly the same. so either the ad's song is a remix or small part of track 12 or is an entirely different song. either way, we still want to know exactly what it is and how to get a legit full copy. yes? no? maybe so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back