PHP Comment Scripting

cucuzza

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any PHP script that you can comment on something (in the style of YouTube or any Blog) that's free and can limit the amount of comments on a page? Thanks in advance.

PHP is a powerful server-side scripting language for creating dynamic and interactive websites.

PHP is the widely-used, free , and efficient alternative to competitors such as Microsoft's ASP. PHP is perfectly suited for Web development and can be embedded directly into the HTML code.

The PHP syntax is very similar to Perl and C. PHP is often used together with Apache (web server) on various operating systems. It also supports ISAPI and can be used with Microsoft's IIS on Windows.

Doesn't that say it's already free? :unsure:

You can learn php very easily and very quickly.

However, If you want to be able to store comments you'll need a database as well, such as MySQL. Again, it's not that hard to do if you spend a couple of days with a tutorial, but not all webhosts allow php or MySQL so you'll need to check that out first.

Alternatively, you could google for a guest book of some sort and put that in your own site.

I'll give you some advice: make sure people need to enter some sort of code to post a comment, or you will get spambots. Second, make a filter that removes any (java)script or html or people will come and haxorz your sitezors ;)

I know stuff about PHP, but not enough to make a comment board script. I need a one of these scripts for a project I'm working on and I don't have much time to sit down and learn it all... Most scripts that people have made already charge people for a license.

For instance, this is exactly what I need, but you have to pay $19 for it:

http://www.gentlesource.com/comment-script/

The whole point of my topic originally was to find out if anyone had a free version of a script like this. It didn't ask "Can someone teach me PHP?" I'm sorry to be douchey, I just asked a simple question that is being misconstrued and I need to finish a project.

Originally posted by Scythe@Aug 22 2007, 03:22 AM
You can learn php very easily and very quickly.

However, If you want to be able to store comments you'll need a database as well, such as MySQL. Again, it's not that hard to do if you spend a couple of days with a tutorial, but not all webhosts allow php or MySQL so you'll need to check that out first.

Alternatively, you could google for a guest book of some sort and put that in your own site.

I'll give you some advice: make sure people need to enter some sort of code to post a comment, or you will get spambots. Second, make a filter that removes any (java)script or html or people will come and haxorz your sitezors ;)
Thanks for your suggestions scythe, I've been looking for something that has a sort of image code validation to it.

Image validation = Captcha.

I wasn't trying to be mean I just wanted to know your level of knowledge, its easier to help someone if you know where they are at.

You can't use this? It seems to work and its free.

Also you don't necessarily need to do database stuff, you could work with flat files but that is pretty ghetto.

Myspace still sucks, its not like captcha is cool or anything, its just the standard.

I just thought you might find that interesting. I don't recall them using Captcha when I signed up last year.

Back