NBA Finals

unfortunately there's no name for the song, they made it specifically for the commercial so you can't find it anywhere.

Someone posted this in the video's comments. Sorry. :(

A woman sings on the commercial for the Cavaliers sort of gospel "I saw the light come shining through"

I've being dying to find out this song ever since I heard it. I've tried searching on google but have yet to find anything.

Music was produced or written by Richard Sidewall and the Hollywood FX Chorus is the talent.

2008 NBA Finals

They use music that sounds classical. a chorus chanting in a unknown language very dramatic. You hear this piece alot for different commercials but this year they are using in in some promo's for the NBA finals 2008

"O Fortuna" from "Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff.

The language is NOT unknown. Just 'dead.' It's Latin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Fortuna

O Fortuna (Chorus)

O Fortuna
velut luna
statu variabilis,
semper crescis
aut decrescis;
vita detestabilis
nunc obdurat
et tunc curat
ludo mentis aciem,
egestatem,
potestatem
dissolvit ut glaciem.

Sors immanis
et inanis,
rota tu volubilis,
status malus,
vana salus
semper dissolubilis,
obumbrata
et velata
michi quoque niteris;
nunc per ludum
dorsum nudum
fero tui sceleris.

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

;)

After game 5 of Lakers-Spurs was over there was a commercial for The Finals that featured scenes from dynasties thought NBA history: Russell's Celtics, Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, The Bad Boy Pistons, Jordan's Bulls, The Shaq led Lakers, and Duncan's Spurs. It had a classical/orchestral piece as background music. Does anyone know the song?

No. I have seen a commercial using that though. Of course, I haven't seen the commercial I'm talking about since just after the Lakers clenched against the Spurs. But i seem to remember the commercial with that music featuring mainly current players.

Hi all,

I heard a song that I need to know the name of. It was used probably 1/2-3/4 of the way through the last Celtics Lakers game in LA in an NBA commercial right before the break. I think it had the lines 'way you move' or 'i like the way', but it was DEFINITELY NOT: Way you move by Outkast or I like the way you move by the Body rockers. It was more like a rock song, with guitar and such. Any help is greatly appreciated!

~Funditor

If it helps, I don't think it was a pre-made commercial (I wasn't really watching), but more like a one-time montage of various plays throughout the game...

Bumping your own thread is equivalent to saying, "I feel that I deserve help more than the other people who posted questions here." It annoys me so much that I usually just move on to a different thread immediately, but I decided to take a guess at the song this time...

Is it "Way U Move" by 3Style (iTunes)?

That... or that no one who read it the first time was familiar, so by bringing it to the top one more time, a new reader who is familiar may see it.

And thank you for the suggestion, but that's absolutely not the song. I can't remember it now, but the album definitely didn't include songs with the words "black" "pimp" and "hip hop"... It was some sort of rock.

I think you'll like this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ff0PGN1ID8[/ame]

(Fly Ludovico Einaudi)

Back