NBA Finals

Though the Moby song is good -- it is not the song in the commercial.

ESPN and ABC are airing a new version of the commericial now using the same song. In it, it says "Down 2-0, the Miami Heat have battled back to even up the series against the Mavericks..."

That's the commericial the music is featured in.

Originally posted by Peridot Texan@Jun 12 2006, 05:30 PM
I saw one of the most recent NBA commercials. The music included piano and strings (violins or similar, kinda orchestral). The first thing that hit my mind was Moby. I believe the song is "God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters". I have it on the MobySongs CD and played it and it sounds like it may be it.
"God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters" by Moby, ....final answer!
Nope, this isn't the right song.

Does anyone know the music that is played during the Heat vs Mavs cpmmercial?

The song I think you are talking about is from DJ RJD2 called Ghostwriter (or song '1976'). I am pretty sure it's ghostwriter so listen to the whole song, the instremental gets faster towards the middle of the song. It's off his 'Dead Ringer' CD.

http://www.rjd2site.com

Hope this helps.

-Jimmy

no, that's not it. The music in the commercial is much more dramatic.

Hey all, being the NBA lover that I am, no surprise I havequestions. I'm looking for 2 different songs.

A) Instrumental techno song played when announcing the MAVS lineup. It is played especially when the MAVS are in Miami. It's a really common techno song -I just can't place the name and artist?????

B ) Woman's vocals, really soft. It's an instrumental piece played during the Dwayne Wade ad that ends showing the famous Ralph Waldo Emerson Qoute: "What lies beyond us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Any help MUCH appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

thatsmyjam B)

I can't answer your first question completely, but I think I can narrow it down...
I was pretty sure the techno tune is Paul van Dyk, off of either Seven Ways or Out There and Back.

As for your second question, I'm dying to know the answer as well. A similar thread has been started regarding this tune with a link to the commercial on youtube.

I actually have emailed ABC Sports to try to find the answer. I'm that interested. *IF* I get a reply, I'll let you all know...

To answer your first question, the song is "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins.

I'm not sure on the second.

Sorry, the song might also be "Children" by Robert Miles. They played both of them in Miami. Hope I could help.

I believe I was deemed unworthy given the response I got from ABC Sports today...that they get thousands of emails every day, thus they cannot respond directly to each. So, the question remains open. :(

in response to your first question, i asked the same question about a week ago. If the person who posted above me didn't get the right song, then the song is children by robert miles

for those who accualy watched the finals, what was that song they play before the game started that pictured was basicly a highlight reel and one of the lyrics was "in cruise control, and wipe my eyes"

-thanks

Originally posted by fxpguy@Jun 13 2006, 05:24 PM
The song that they played in the background sounds like the Gladiator Movie song "Elysium Fields" or something to that nature. Does anyone know what the name of this song is? I love it.
It's "Honor Him"

anyone know the song for the new nba finals ad? it's the one in black and white with all the legends shown.

youtube link to the ad:

Back