Man on Fire

FOUND IT____ its called : the mark has been made by Nine Inch Nails-- its sick!!!

I'm sorry I searched for this in another thread and found it. My mistake, close the thread I know its a song by Lisa Gerrard, thank you.

its a Lisa Gerrard song by hans zimmer from the Gladiator soundtrack

While the Lisa Gerrard vocals in the "Man on Fire" soundtrack (composed by Harry Gregson-Williams) and the "Gladiator" soundtrack (composed Hanz Zimmer) sound similar, they are not the same. The track the original poster is referring to is known as "Creasy Dies."

The Spanish song who is referring to? The original poster has already written, "I'm sorry I searched for this in another thread and found it. My mistake, close the thread I know its a song by Lisa Gerrard, thank you."

sorry, the subtopic said "man on fire, spanish song played at end" just trying to be helpful. no need to get angry... :)

ok, i know a lot of classical music but i'm not great with names.

during the scene where denzel washington (creasy) is waiting outside for dakota fanning (pita) while she has a piano lesson (shortly before she gets kidnapped), you can hear the piano playing. it's a piece i seem to recognize, so i don't think it was originally made for the film. it also resurfaces later in the movie. i want to say it's a sonata of some kind, but like i said, i am terrible with names of classical pieces.

if anyone would happen to know what this piece is called, let me know.

thanks!

Just guessing, (I haven't seen that movie in a long time) "Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven?

lol, it's funny that you should suggest moonlight sonata... that's what i thought it was! but upon further inspection, no, moonlight sonata was much too somber.

it is actually "clair de lune," (sp?) by debussy. funny thing is, i never liked that song before i saw this movie.

thanks, everyone!

Clair de Lune is my favorite piece ever. I actually had it in my head this entire week but i didnt know the name or author of it. I resorted to just randomly going through sonatas on Itunes and I finally stumbled upon it. I put it on loop and do my homework to it.

Originally posted by brockster_warren@Mar 22 2006, 09:00 PM
lol, it's funny that you should suggest moonlight sonata... that's what i thought it was! but upon further inspection, no, moonlight sonata was much too somber.

it is actually "clair de lune," (sp?) by debussy. funny thing is, i never liked that song before i saw this movie.

thanks, everyone!

Hmmm, it's played at the end of Ocean's Eleven when Julia Roberts runs to George Clooney as he's being put in the police car. That's where I most prominently remember hearing it...I'll hafta watch Man on Fire again... :)

^^^^^^
I believe the ending of Ocean's Eleven was supposed to be an homage to The Right Stuff, which similarly uses Claire de Lune to end the film.

What is the techno/rave song being played in the, well rave scene. it is not "mas" by Kinky. thanks

Anyone know the music playing on the radio in the film Man on Fire where Denzel Washington is torturing the gangster in the car by cutting his fingers off and clotting the wound with the cigarette car lighter. Thanks

Back