M&Ms "Become an M&M"

sarahbizucke

Reaction score
M&Ms "Become an M&M"

does anyone out there know who sings the song from the newest M&M's commercial where all the M&M's are doing all sorts of fun things like taking photos in a photo booth and going to the movies? I LOVE THIS SONG! I'm also pretty sure it was in the end of Empire Records when they're all dancing on the roof.

Was this the commercial that has one of the M&M characters in a mowhawk? Sort of an upbeat alternative song...

The song your looking for is called "This is the Day" by The The.
And it is the same song from the end of Empire Records but its not on the official soundtrack.
I was looking for it for a while too at one point. I hope this helps!

The song your looking for is called "This is the Day" by The The

If that isn't the most obscure and unsearchable name for a band in history...

But, Wikipedia says they're real and they have a website and a MySpace page where you can hear the song "This is the Day."

I haven't seen the M&Ms commercial you speak of, so is this really the The The song that plays on the commercial?

Originally posted by doctormemory@Jan 18 2007, 05:27 AM

But, Wikipedia says they're real and they have a website and a MySpace page where you can hear the song "This is the Day."

I haven't seen the M&Ms commercial you speak of, so is this really the The The song that plays on the commercial?
Is the commercial one of these:

http://us.mms.com/us/fungames/tv/

To answer your question Doctormemory it is The The singing on the M&M's commercial. It's a great song too. :)

Perhaps it's the version found on the Soul Mining CD by The The ...

Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

This is a bit late, but yes, this version of "This is the Day" is the same version as the one on Soul Mining.

And yes, it is horrible trying to search for this band, but if you look hard enough, you'll find something.

I'm looking for the song in the new M&Ms commercial that says "there's an M&M in everyone" or something to that effect.

Originally posted by doctormemory@Jan 18 2007, 05:27 AM

i remember them from the 80's when i was a kid doc, they used the word "the" in their band name before it became trendy to:)

The song is called "This is the day" by a band called "The The". I was racking my brain for days trying to think of where i had heard this song before. Until the person before me said it was at the end of Empire Records. It's such a great song!!

If you like the song, you will love the remix from their Solitude CD which is called "That was the day." Don't let the cover scare you off :) Matt Johnson is a brilliant songwriter!

It's the commercial where everyone changes into an M&M ("there's an M&M in each of us"). The chorus goes something like "this is the day your life will surely change." It's a great song but I have no idea who it is or even what decade it comes from. Help!!!

Back