Lexus RX 350 Pebble Beach

i wish someone could post it up on youtube... i dont really mind not knowing the band.. just hearing that 30 second commercial is enough for me...

here is the clip on youtube

by the way, if you really want to contact Lexus for the music answer, please don't point them to the youtube link, they tend to notify youtube to remove their commercials these days.

the band's name is robot repair. the single is not released but may be in the future, let's hope so too cause it really caught my attention too.

Anyone who likes this commercial and hasn't listened to Mum, I recommend checking them out, as I at first thought this was a new song by them upon hearing it, but as it turns out it's just a very blatant ripoff of their sound. A good blatant ripoff, but a ripoff nonetheless.

Originally posted by superiormurray@May 6 2008, 09:53 PM
Anyone who likes this commercial and hasn't listened to Mum, I recommend checking them out, as I at first thought this was a new song by them upon hearing it, but as it turns out it's just a very blatant ripoff of their sound. A good blatant ripoff, but a ripoff nonetheless.
add ms. john soda to that list as well

Sounded like something Ulrich Schnauss would write to me. Guess it's not though.

Man, 2 months later and the search is still on? I just heard it for the first time during commercial breaks for "LOST"... hope an answer is discovered soon!

Apparently someone sent someone an e-mail... this was in the comments for this video:

"RE: Lexus RX350 Pebble Beach Collection TV commercial

Body:
Hi. We're glad you liked it. That song is actually one of Kael's individual projects for Robot Repair (a professional music production company), and there is talk of releasing it as a single on itunes. But it wouldn't be released as part of Faded Paper Figures. Anyway, we'll be sure to let you know.

All the best,
FPF"

Originally posted by superiormurray@May 6 2008, 09:53 PM
i thought this sounded a lot like mum also.

but a ripoff?? i don't think so. mum carries an Icelandic sound similar to bands like efterklang (denmark) and amiina, etc.

i dont think it's fair at all to consider the song a ripoff.

The person above is right - the music for this commercial was recorded by a recording studio called Robot Repair, specifically their composer (named Kael Alden.) Robot Repair has a great website with lots of sample tracks to listen to, but they don't sell to the public...they have done a lot of cool music for commercials you'd probably recognize. Check out their website for more info, and to listen to the samples. Allows you to rock out for 30 secs at a time, lol: go to Robot Repair then click on WEBSITE, then DEMO LIBRARY where all the samples are loaded by genre.) VERY COOL! Wish they would do an album!!!!

i'd give a toe for a copy of that track..

for the longest time i thought it was the album leaf.

Originally posted by leestripes@May 8 2008, 06:35 PM

add ms. john soda to that list as well

I registered for only one reason:

To thank you for the band reference.
Absolutely incredible. THANK YOU!

tilt

Well, if you're gonna recommend Ms. John Soda and Lali Puna, you might as well throw The Notwist in there too.

Man, it's so cool to read all these different people make the same guesses that I made (Air, Ulrich, Leaf).

Music that, I mean, I knew was popular enough that they made thousands of CDs of, but that no one that I know personally had ever heard of.

It's gratifying.

And now I have some new artists to check out (Mum, Ms. Jones Soda).

Let the good times roll, yo. Woohoo for the internets.

Ok! I have the information EVERYONE is asking for!
First of all the music for this commercial was written by a guy named Kael.
It was his special project for a company called Robot Repair, that creates music
for commercials. They have MANY songs on many commercials all the time. If
you like this type of music, chck out myspace... Kael has a band called "Faded Paper Fingers"
They just finished mastering their first album, set to release in Japan. They are going to release
it in the US under their own label... if some other label doesn't sign them! Kael and his wife are
close friends of my husband and I... so check out their stuff! It is AWESOME! And give them SUPPORT!

Thanks for the info! I actually thought it was Fischerspooner when I heard it.

And to whomever described the commercial as being a tree on an island, it was not an island. The tree is The Lone Cypress on 17 Mile Drive in Pebble Beach. It's a coastal tree, but not on an island! :0)

Back