Kingsford Charcoal

angrytypingguy

Reaction score
This is probably a little more difficult but does anyone know of the artist behind the new Kingsford (the bbq charcoal company) commercial?

It starts out with the camera going through a crowd of tailgate partyers who are all cooking up a bbq. At the end of the commercial the camera pulls out and you can see that they're all tailgating on a highway. The words, "Slow grill", appears.

im looking for the name of the blues song in the Kingsford charcoal commercial. The commercial is a crowd of people tailgating. any ideas?

I'm trying to figure this one out on my own. It's not a blues riff as much as a classic rock electric....sounds like Lynyrd Skynyrd, shades of Tuesday's Gone, but I'm sure that's not it.

Gotta be close, though?

I don't think it's a Skynryd song. It's definitely not Tuesday's Gone. It sounds like The Allman Brothers (Warren Haynes) but I can't be sure. I workin on it though...

I think it is/resembles Soulshine by allman brothers, im not totally sure..

You are right "nsxz0r" it sounds VERY much like soulshine. As a matter of fact every time I see the commercial I later catch myself singing soulshine.
I contacted Kingsford but they said they could not help me, because all of their advertising is handled by Ad Agencies.

I believe the kingsford charcoal song might be "gravity" by john mayer. Check it out and see what you think.

It dosent have the right sound for the rythem guitar, but it is very close

yes nsxOr it sounds close but i listen to the commercial last night and could then that it was'nt it. I wrote kingsford like the others have done and they could not say who it was>>lol. Well i will have to keep looking, I would really like to know, I love a good blues tune. bluesman56

HEY ALL . I JUST HEARD THAT SONG FROM THE KINGSFORD COMMERCIAL TOO. AFTER A LITTLE RESEARCH I THINK I FOUND YOUR ANSWER . IT'S SOULSHINE by GOVERNMENT MULE ! I JUST DOWNLOADED A LIVE VERSION OF THIS SONG ( AMAZING ) . ENJOY ALL !!!

It is not Soulshine or anything by Lynyrd Skynyrd. It does have that particular Warren Haynes (Allman Brothers, Gov't Mule) flavor, however, I don't think it is Warren Haynes playing it. Warren's style is much more fluid than the player on the commercial.

I've def. heard this song. I think it's played at the end of dazed and confused...

it's definitely tuesday's gone by lynard skynard. The very beginning of the song doesn't sound like the commercial though, so that might have tricked some people

Maybe everyone could contact Kingsford Charcoal & request the name of the tune in the commercial "Slow Down & Grill"

I think it may be from about the 9 second mark in a song called "Carry You Home" from a smaller Texas tour band named Cross Canadian Ragweed.

It sounds to me like it is a slowed down version of "Soulshine". If you listen to Government Mule's The Deep End CD you can definitely hear the strong similarity. Even the song, "Worried Down With The Blues", has a little similarity to the Kingsford Commercial. I definitely think it is Warren Haynes playing. It's just to close to his sound and style. B)

Back