It's about time!

yeah, I never played it on the movie myself.. i just watched the videa with it synched already.. and I didn't really notice the words to go with their lips.. i didn't get as far as the scarecrow, because it didn't seem to be synching for me at all :huh:

It's not that the words sync with their lips, it's that the entire album sync's with the movie like it was a soundtrack to it or something.

maybe the artists of the song watched the movie and decided to do the song on it.. doesn't sound crazy to me :rolleyes:

Right, but that's what is unknown. They claim that it's just a coinsidence.

meh, im sure "they" claim lots of shit is coincidence.. thats what people do these days.. just make stuff up

Except it's not "these days", that's Pink Floyd man! Anyway it's not meant to be a perfect synch, the chances are that it really is a coincidence because it would be wayyyy too much work to create an entire album based around those small synchs, at least I would assume so.. so therein lies the creepiness, that two classics with such dark backgrounds and undertones should coincide with each other like that.

How about this. Maybe the creators of the film actually went forward in time and filmed the movie to the album and not the other way around.

How about that for a theory.

well yeah, that was my second thought... either the artists did the song for the movie, or the movie took the events from the song.. :blink:

Another odd thing too.
An old friend used to say that in the background, you can see a munchkin climb up on something and then jump off like they are hanging themselves. Anyone heard, or seen this? I've looked for it and never see it. :unsure:

YES! snopes!.. good site!
"At the very end of this sequence, as the three main characters move down the road and away from the camera, one of the larger birds (often said to be an emu, but more probably a crane) standing at the back of the set moves around and spreads its wings"... hahahaaa thats bullshit.. theres a HUGE differeence to what tooks like hanging, and a bird spreading wings

anyways.. love that site.. ever catch the photo of the Man decapitated by a wrought-iron fence while fleeing police? that one is pretty intense!

Originally posted by Lt.Dan@Apr 20 2006, 05:27 PM
or the movie took the events from the song.. :blink:
:lol: :lol: Yeah maybe.

Look, it's hard to explain the intrigue of it if you don't understand. You just.. I guess you have to be a Floyd fan and appreciate how dark and mysterious they are + keep in mind that it's either a coincidence, which is weird and sorta creepy, or that they created this totally subtle, perfectly orchestrated homage to such a dark classic, which is fucking brilliant + be in a dark room, preferably un-sober (pick your poison). If your first exposure to Pink Floyd is this movie clip, it's like missing something in translation, ya know?

Originally posted by Lt.Dan@Apr 20 2006, 05:35 PM
hahahaaa thats bullshit.. theres a HUGE differeence to what tooks like hanging, and a bird spreading wings
Exactly, and it looks just like a bird. Someone started the rumor that it was a man hanging himself and that got into people's heads and, iunno, messed with their perception? Something. But it's clearly a bird. :eek:k:

well then.. maybe I should actually watch the video clip myself :blink:

Originally posted by Lt.Dan@Apr 20 2006, 11:57 PM
well then.. maybe I should actually watch the video clip myself :blink:
lol i think youre crazy enough as it is

Originally posted by Lt.Dan@Apr 20 2006, 12:09 PM
can we please get back on topic, and answer my original question?? :(
WE HAVE A.D.D.!!! YAY! :lol:

Back