Guinness

Not much actually... it's a brown swirly background (like the background on their website) with white block text over it that says "this is the only time you can stare at something for this long and not get slapped in the face." There's no people in it or anything. It's usually on during football games.

I wish I was more musically inclined, I'd try to describe the guitar riff better for you... but I'm not : )

Yrs, in my case I see it just about every Sunday between 8-10 PM on Global watching Family Guy, American Dad, War at Home, Simpsons etc etc. Commercial is exactly as he describes it. The music is all instrumental. No voices.

I think there are voices - at the end I think it says 'heartbreaker, lets get it on....' still no idea what the song could be though.

Nope, thats not it, I haven't been able to find it on youtube.

i may have found the answer... maybe. i haven't seen this commercial, and a title for it wasn't listed, BUT i found a list of guiness commercials on another website that always starts with the latest ad, and they have listed a guiness commercial called simply "beverage" as using the song "O'fortuna" by carl orff. it's available on an album called "classical hits". i hope this helps you guys out.

seth

OMFG THATS ANNOYING. It is none of these commercials. IT IS INSTRUMENTAL. There are no people actors or otherwise in the commercial. There is no setting no location, no background. All there is is music and some text, and s black background. Possibly a glass of guinness being poured. That's it. Nothing else.

I find a lot of the music I'm looking for on whatsthatcalled.com, but it doesn't have any more information on current Guiness ads than what I reported a few days ago :(

Seth

We Can Make It by the Marble Index's intro sounds very much alike to the music featured on the commercial.

I saw the ad last week, I died. I tried to make out the words in the end. I think they yell "Let's go"?

Well thats the closest thing I've heard so far, but it's still not it. I haven't seen the commercial for a while now.

I haven't seen the commercial in a while either. Will download that song anyway. Nobody's having any luck otherwise?

ok if this is the advert fot guinness's new northstar brew the song you are looking for is

New Slang by The Shins

duggs.

Man this is absolutely rediculous... you'd think Guinness wouldn't keep such a freaking secret.... no luck on finding what the song is anyone? It's been quite a while since I've seen the commercial...

No luck. I emailed them a while back and they haven't responded. How frustrating! I'd even guess it was an original, but someone definitely starts singing as it fades out, and there's not much point in them writing lyrics and having someone sing for 1 second of the song, you know?

Has anyone else tried contacting them? It might help if a bunch of us ask.

Yes, I emailed them a while back as well, several times, my mail is always returned though because the Guinness mail box is down so there's nowhere to send the mail.... is their site back up yet then? They took down the entire commercials section a few months back, coinciding right with this one damned advertisement, so if it's back up yet, then maybe this mysterious ad will be there with it?...

/BUMP! Come on, it's wierd, on Wikipedia they are already talking about the new "hands" advertisement that just started, yet there is no mention of this commercial! every google link leads to stupid noituilove crap, why can't anyone find this ad, and why have very few people even heard of it?! I MUST figure out what song this is!

Back