Georgia O'Keefe

sketchyrx

Sweet Disposition
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about her? I'm gonna leave it at that and let you guys take the rest. ....very informative :)

ah yes. i know her. the lady artist who paints the vulva-like flowers.

what exactly do you want to know about her?
i know she died in '84 due to failing health.
she married a photographer, i can't recall his name, but he practically funded her work for a period of time before and after their marriage (if i remember correctly).
i know she stopped painting in the 70's because of her eyesight, but she continued with pencils and, i think watercolors or something like that.
she was affliated witha few college, like west texas(?) and she would move to new york (where that photographer lived) every so often, but always returned to the southwest.
and yes, she did paint giant, vulva-like flowers, but i think she also did desert landscapes.
i do remember reading that she quit art for a while because she didn't think there was much in it.
i can't remember if it was o'keefe or another lady who married the head of pepsi cola.
i was an art major and i had to take art history and art appreciation and we covered her bio in class

right, okay, does anyone else have anything intelligent to say?

:lol: It was at least related.

So dude, you started this whole thread just so you could make a vagina joke?

Originally posted by Scythe+Apr 22 2006, 04:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scythe @ Apr 22 2006, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Space Cataz@Apr 22 2006, 10:27 PM
Urethra Franklin
Ballsackof Jawea
Christina Agurethra
:huh: [/b][/quote]
What, they're parodies of famous names :huh:

You know she's a respected artist, right? She ain't just the Hoo Hoo Lady.

if this is supposed to be a thread about female artists, then i'll participate and say that kara walker is a favorite of mine. don't get me wrong though...i appreciate a good vagina thread. (see that? i made a tampon joke.)

is melish on tonight?

so are we supposed to give a report on georgia o'keefe? because i could just put a link to google.

:lol: 200 words, double spaced. :p

Originally posted by AmelieMellow@ Apr 22 2006, 10:34 PM
is melish on tonight?
Yeah, I think so. ADD Game Night? :naughty:

Back