Geico Insurance "Robot"

[I just didnt know if Blue Oyster Cult is really a techno band.]

Yeah the Blue Oyster Cult thing cracked me up too! I can hear the Kraftwerk/Krautrock thing but not Lene Lovich, her sound was totally different. ~shrug~ Oh, I DO realize that it's stock music, I just HAD to comment on the BOC thing.

Originally posted by Archer64@Oct 11 2004, 03:36 PM
...There were also a few other German groups doing that kind of music back then, Lene Lovich is the only other one I can think of right now...
and Lene Lovich isn't German.

I did prior to my post but didn't get any hit for either geico, geico robot or loreal. please advice or point me to the previous post. thanks,

doesn't seems like there is definitive answer as of yet. why is this tune so hard to find. I will join the other post to find out more on the subject. Thanks alot for your help.

Duplicate topics merged.

Heretohelp mentioned the song was from a stock/library of music -- in other words, doesn't exist beyond much of what you hear in the ad(s).

anyone know the robot song used in that add.....it was also used in a cosmetics add.

If it's the same Geico commercial I'm thinking about, it's Donna Summers - Funkytown

-s

Originally posted by Summer@Feb 11 2005, 12:53 PM
...it's Donna Summers - Funkytown
:huh:

"Funkytown" is actually by Lipps Inc.

Also, there's a discussion regarding the Geico Robot commercial going on here.

I am thinking of a commercial that has the Geeko doing the robot to some techno song. Does anybody on here no that song. Thanks for your help.

STOCK MUSIC 100% no question about it at all, absolutely, yes, definitely! :sick:

and finally there is a real answer...yes it is stock, but it also has a name and possibly the chance to find it now...i hope

http://www.geico.com/blog/

Thursday, March 3, 2005

Robot Music
Many fans of my TV commercials have written to ask me about the music in the “robot commercial.” You may remember, that commercial features a fan’s letter that suggests that the GEICO website would be “da bomb” if I would do the robot dance.

The song is called "Sweet World" by Comega Men. The music is a clip purchased from a stock music library, Extreme Music (London). This service, and others like it, sells music only to commercial clients for use in media and advertising. This particular song has also been heard on another commercial and as a “bumper” on TV shows when they go to, or come back from, a commercial ad.

http://www.extrememusic.com/home.htm

I looked all over their site though and couldn't find the song, someone please post if you find it somewhere

Nice find kickfroggy!

You can listen to a full streaming sample at Extreme Music's website.

Select Get Trax > X-Series > Composer and then choose Omega Men (It's not Comega Men!) and Sweet World.

Glad to see the Geico blog is on top of things... This ad has been around for ages. :rolleyes: :lol:

Back