Geico Insurance "Robot"

Originally posted by djflowerz@Jul 12 2004, 11:04 AM
Heretohelp has said that this is stock music, not for sale. Heretohelp - can you reveal the source of your information?
I heard it from someone in the industry who was actually licensing it for one of the first commercials it had been in... so, that is where my info comes from... although of course there is a possibility that that person may have been misinformed.

My husband has some songs by a band called Fischerspooner, and they sound a lot like the song from the commercials. He's currently looking into whether or not the song has come from them (either through a sample or if it is truely their song).

Nayoko by any chance do you know a exact song or which song that fisherspooner made that sounds much like the one that is scene in the commercial?

if i'm not mistaken it's called "[i'm] burning for you" can't remember the band though.

could it possibly be Blue oyster cult "im" burning for you. These are the only matches that i could find serchering so far. I just didnt know if blue oyster cult is really a techno band.

yea scratch that last post listening to some previews on amazon.com of blue oyster cult, i believe that the thread that rsfayes put in might be for a different gieco commercial, since blue oyster cult sounds like heavy metal, listening to what music that fisherspooner has made def makes me believe that it could be them, just im not sure which song.

thats not the right one... hrm... ill check around some more...

Alright i have checked every single song made by fisherspooner, some sound alike but none of them are the exact beat, unless i have missed one which is very possible. its out there i know it. haha

Put that ogg back up temporarily. I'd taken it down before because it was getting hits like crazy and I'm kinda po' - was getting near transfer limit for the hosting plan. The Reason file still gets plenty. Hope people know how to use it. =P

Originally posted by ephenj09@Sep 11 2004, 06:45 AM
Alright i have checked every single song made by fisherspooner, some sound alike but none of them are the exact beat, unless i have missed one which is very possible. its out there i know it. haha
...it's not fischerspooner.

its not fischerspooner nor is it kreo, moving on throught the big trance/techno groups, its not atb or any of the names i dont think, like rob dougen or alicedj or paul okenfold... so im still looking... :what:

***to be clear, this is just a looped and edited file of what you hear in the commercial, i doubt that it is illegal***but i cannot determine whether you are saying

1) Do not post [MP3] or [other illegal file] download links or ask for such information. (separate)

or

2) Do not post [MP3 or other illegal file] download links or ask for such information
(not separate)

steven

I've been looking for this song for a while, too. It reminds me of some old techno like "Kraftwerk" that has been remixed. Two songs you can probably find of theirs pretty easy are "Autobahn" and "Pocket Calculator". They've been around since the late 1970's, so there's a wealth of music from them that isn't readily downloadable.... I'm sure. There were also a few other German groups doing that kind of music back then, Lene Lovich is the only other one I can think of right now.

I'm not sure if that is it, but it's another direction to look since I'm pretty sure Fischerspooner, atb and all those techno bands aren't it. I'm 100% sure Blue Oyster Cult isn't it.

not that anyone seems to care, but, I'm telling you, it is a piece of stock music.

Also, if you listen to the L'oreal commercial that uses a longer clip of the same piece of music, you'll hear that there is a big cheezeball horn section thing that comes in at the end and has a big "ta-daaaa" ending...just in case you are curious.

Originally posted by ephenj09@Sep 4 2004, 06:08 AM
I just didnt know if Blue Oyster Cult is really a techno band.
Real Answer: They're not"
Sarcastic Answer: Oh yeah, they are one techno synth-pop band. I'd put them right up there with A Flock of Seagulls.

All Music Guide entry - Blue Öyster Cult

Back