Ford 500 "New Level" and "Ballet"

No prob,but I'll feel terrible if she doesn't come through!

Originally posted by Tamsin@Dec 13 2004, 11:17 AM
I'm hoping for an answer maybe tomorrow,depending on how busy she is.
Just to confuse matters further,it sounds rather like Handel,too and reminds me of the intro to "Zadok the Priest",although it isn't that.Just a thought!
Zadok the Priest is from Handel, and I actually bought the sheet music. That too, is a wonderful piece. I'm calling J. Walter Thompson Agency in Detroit now, this second..., well they said one of the producers will get back to me. Getting this info is like pulling teeth.

I can almost say with certainty, this is a public domain piece from Vivaldi, and it was NOT composed for the commercial, so there is no copyright problem.

I saw my friend last night and she apologised for not getting back to me,she was swamped at work because she was leaving for the UK tonight for Christmas.She hoped to get info today and was pretty sure she could find out.Alas,she obviously didn't have time as I haven't heard from her.So I'm afraid (unless someone else finds it)that we'll have to wait till the New Year...(I can hear the groans)Sorry!

Originally posted by piano6183@Dec 14 2004, 09:25 AM
I can almost say with certainty, this is a public domain piece from Vivaldi, and it was NOT composed for the commercial, so there is no copyright problem.
After listening to it about 100 times, I'm gonna have to side with Glockorola. It seems very influenced by a classical composer, but a little too simple and unrefined. I still like it though and eagerly await the final word.

Tamsin, the timing on the answer will be just fine! In fact, like a lot of other folks, I really enjoy Christmas, and the lead up to New Years (what with seeing old friends at parties, etc.). All of a sudden, it's Jan 2 and back to the daily grind of the salt mine, with no holidays for months to come. This way, we can all look forward to the big crescendo leading up to the answer after New Years. Perfect!

I just spoke to JWT and it is definitely a public domain piece by Vivaldi, and was not specifically written for the commercial. They are going to let me know the exact piece, Opus number, etc, and this will answer this problem once and for all.

Ford Commercial “new level”

Vivaldi Opus#3
L’estro armonico
Concerto #2 in g-minor of the
12 concertos
adagio spiccato
sole mineur cone duet violini violeto cello
obligato
recorded by
Academy of St. Martins in the fields

Boy, that took some work!! I had to call the music house that remastered the piece to get the exact name.

I thought you could get the music free at classicalarchives.com, but I mistakingly choose:
Violin Concerto in D for Violin, Strings and Continuo, RV.230, Op.3 No.9 (from 'L'estro armonico')

I listened to the piece and I pick the wrong selection, as the correct piece is not listed there. The Vivaldi titles are so similar. I'll have to get the CD and find the exact piece. Anyone have a CD of this music? It was available on ebay and half.com, but suddenly dissapeared! Could the commercial have anything to do with this?

I'd like to thank Tamsin, piano6183, and sophist for all of your kind help in this matter!

I have ordered the CD from Amazon.com. There were 3 left, but now only 2. I got to believe they are running low due to the popularity of Ford's 500 "New Level" ad.

BTW, I'd also like to mention for you iPod users out there that you can also download this song from the iTunes Music Store for 99 cents. It's only 1:30 long, and it is a very slightly different version than the CD.

You can find it on iTunes under Vivaldi, Concerto No.2 in G Minor, 1. Adagio E Spiccato, on the album titled "Vivaldi: L'estro armonico."

Thanks again---I REALLY appreciate your diligence and generosity of your time in finding this!

Glockoria, my pleasure. I really wanted the piece for myself, as I thought I knew every classical piece ever written, but missed this one. I really don't know every piece by everyone, just the Baroque and Romantic period, at best. It does show that with enough patience, you can do almost anything.

Piano6183, I love you. Amazing job. Thanks to everyone else also for keeping this thread from dying!

I'm so glad my initial instincts were correct. So often these great songs used in commercials are produced just for the ads. I knew I had heard this piece in the lost days of my youth!

I found it on an expired ebay auction, and the person still had it, so I just ordered it pronto. I'm going to have to check out more of Vivaldi, if his other pieces are as good as this one. He wrote over 600 pieces, and I've heard about 8 of them.

I ordered the CD per sophist's post that is on Amazon.com. I will report on its quality as soon as I get it in the next few days.

I have been playing my 99 cent Vivaldi download from iTiunes---it's great!

OMG lol i just found out that i had this song on CD all along... so THAT'S where i heard it from X_x i have the whole l'estro armonico by academy of st. martins... X_X;;;;

Originally posted by Galactica-X@Dec 26 2004, 03:38 PM
OMG lol i just found out that i had this song on CD all along... so THAT'S where i heard it from X_x i have the whole l'estro armonico by academy of st. martins... X_X;;;;
You had the music and didn't tell us? How could you not know? Well, I think that's happened to me too, so don't feel bad. I have about 600 cd's and 400 lp's, so I may even have it in my collection too.

well i have no where near that amount of cd's or anything but my cd with the song on it was purchased several years ago.. so it didn't occur to me it could have been on that because i could've heard this specific song anywhere :S i only randomly found it when i was rummaging through cd's :p

Back