Ford 500 "New Level" and "Ballet"

all that for like a 10 second ad? probably not, and also it sounds very familiar and it surprises me why no one has been able to identify it yet :p including me

Galactica-X, FoMoCo plans to spend $150 million on the Ford 500 ad campaign. The cost of hiring a composer and orchestra is chump change in relationship to $150 million!

Has anyone found out the name of this song????

wahts the song for the commercial "Yellow Lines" .. if any one has found it please update this!

Originally posted by sFmalik@Nov 21 2004, 05:45 PM
wahts the song for the commercial "Yellow Lines" .. if any one has found it please update this!
Please keep responses on the "Yellow Lines" ad here.

O.K., to get back on topic...

Has anyone found out the name of the song from the Ford 500 "New Level" TV ad?!

HELP!!

I can not find the USA FoMoCo PR email address. Do you have it? I researched their various Internet web sites, and it looks to me like FoMoCo has gone to a lot of trouble to not have a PR email type address for the general public.

Originally posted by Glockorola@Nov 13 2004, 12:13 AM
OK, I'm totally confused now. Does anyone know the name of the song that is played on the FORD 500 TV ad that is titled "New Level?"

Thanks!

Larry
It apparently is the the Vivaldi Concerto #2 in G-minor for the Ford Commercial for the five hundred, called "new level" , and it sounds like the Largo movement.

However, Vivaldi wrote 6 different concerto's and I trying to locate the exact one on classicalarchieves.com.

I was sure it was Bach, but was wrong. How stupid of me. I actually called Ford, and after some time, they did identify it, but misspelled Vivaldi to VIVALVI.

You would think with 125 million people on the internet you could find info easier than this!

Originally posted by Galactica-X@Dec 2 2004, 07:25 PM
when i searched for that i found Summer from the four seasons.. and i'm pretty sure it's not that because i've played the song before... correct me if i'm wrong or is it the wrong song i'm talking about? http://www.ccarh.org/publications/scores/vivaldi/op8/
look down until u see Concerto No. 2 in G Minor: L'Estate ("Summer")
No, it's not from the 4 seasons. It's one of the other 5 concertos he wrote.

It sounds like we have had a near miss, but still no cigar? I am now more confused than ever!

Does anyone know the name of the composer, and the name of the song, from the Ford 500 "New Level" ad?

It seems like folks think Vivaldi might be the composer, but there is no cigar yet as to the actual song?

Thanks for any help!

Originally posted by Glockorola@Dec 10 2004, 01:21 PM
It sounds like we have had a near miss, but still no cigar? I am now more confused than ever!

Does anyone know the name of the composer, and the name of the song, from the Ford 500 "New Level" ad?

It seems like folks think Vivaldi might be the composer, but there is no cigar yet as to the actual song?

Thanks for any help!
Yes, it is definitely Vivaldi, and it is definitely one of his many Concerto's #2 in G-minor, but he wrote 7 of them. It is almost certainly the largo movement, but I'm still waiting for Ford to tell me the company that made the commercial. I'm going to call them again.

Well it was J. Walter Thompson Agency in Detroit that made the commercial, and I'm tracking it down.

I've e-mailed a friend who works at JWT in NY.Maybe she can find out.

Is there anyway we can listen to all 7 of the pieces? any websites out there that have them sampled?

Tamsin, it sounds like our best hope at this point is your friend at JWT. Please let us know---we're dyin' out here!

Thanks!!

Originally posted by ActuarialMadness@Dec 11 2004, 07:38 AM
Is there anyway we can listen to all 7 of the pieces? any websites out there that have them sampled?
I tried that to some extent with:

http://www.classicalarchives.com

and searched for all the Concerto #2 in G-minor, the Largo movement, but couldn't find the right one. Many sounded a little like it, but no exact hit. It may be in another movement of the concerto, as I didn't listen to all seven pieces in their entirety. I'm just assuming it is the largo movement, which is sounds like. Any of you are welcome to check out this site and see if you have better luck. Most of Vivaldi's works are so obscure, they're not even recorded.

Now I'm obsessed with finding this out.

Our very best bet at this point is Tamsin's friend at JWT. One could listen for months and not solve this impossible puzzle. I would think the ad agaency will know what is up with this haunting song. My worst fear is that it is a custom piece that might sound like other works, such as this Vivaldi dude, in which case it will be a dead end, since the tune will likely be copyrighted. Sigh...

I'm hoping for an answer maybe tomorrow,depending on how busy she is.
Just to confuse matters further,it sounds rather like Handel,too and reminds me of the intro to "Zadok the Priest",although it isn't that.Just a thought!

O.K., Tamsin, we are all standing by with baited breath! I imagine the ad agency will know what's up with this. My guess is that it is a custom tune, but we shall soon know!

Thanks for all of your kind help on this, Tamsin!

Back