Florida

Naw no twist.. no REAL twist anyway, it's supposedly this big shocker but I wasn't even slightly surprised. You'll see.

I'm going, I'm going....I'm going to go home and read the book.

I absolutely will. :eek:k: The dogs are comin with me, they like playin Speed Racer.

Grate, then they won't shit on the carpet whilst you are away.

Well then there is no reason to knock gaming just becuase you aren't interested in it. :)

But I can knock reading all I want, because I'm dumb.

Now you're just bunching it up. There's a difference between reading a book and reading an actual literally work. I'm the same, I can't analyze a poem or know what the green light at the end of Daisy's dock represents until the teacher says it. Nothing but respect to those of you who can. :eek:k: I'm a bookworm but most of the stuff I read has no real depth. It's just plot and I'll prolly forget about it after I finish it. It's only purpose is to entertain.

^ That's me, and I just don't get people that analyze every little detail because I not only read but I write, and no way in hell do I put all these Deep Hidden Messages into it. But then maybe I'm just as shallow a writer as I am a reader.

And Garret, if you're talking about Erin and you're just messing with her, fine. If you're talking about me and you're serious, we're gonna go rounds.

i play video games (i'm not very good, but i do have fun while playing) and i read.
i read just about anything that i find interesting.
i love to read william shakespeare, hell i even watched that movie she's the man movie to see how faithful they were to his play.

Originally posted by dascoot@Aug 23 2006, 05:21 PM
I just don't get people that analyze every little detail
Sometimes I think that the author just wanted to write a story and then all these English majors came along and gave it more meaning than the author intended. :ph34r:

my friend was like that.
i pissed him off one time because he was getting on everyones nerves and i told him that to anaylze was to be anal and that makes you an asshole.

Right? That's what we kept telling Mrs. Carter: "Damn it lady, sometimes a green light at the end of the dock is JUST A GREEN LIGHT!"

Although it would be interesting as hell ya know? We should co-author a book. Two books. One's super simple, straightforward, very John Steinbeck.

The other is like some David Lynch movie, weird shit everywhere but weird shit that we've just made up for the sake of being weird. "Oh hey I know! You know that bull they just made the sherriff? Let's make him hermaphroditic! He can like, hide his udders under his flak jacket. Oh also we need more midgets."

Right, so then we send both books around to some random English classes and ask em to analyze. I'd LOVE to know what they think the labrador with Tourrette's is supposed to symolize.

Originally posted by sickboy@Aug 23 2006, 05:36 PM
my friend was like that.
i pissed him off one time because he was getting on everyones nerves and i told him that to anaylze was to be anal and that makes you an asshole.
:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by dascoot@Aug 23 2006, 05:41 PM
Right? That's what we kept telling Mrs. Carter: "Damn it lady, sometimes a green light at the end of the dock is JUST A GREEN LIGHT!"

Although it would be interesting as hell ya know? We should co-author a book. Two books. One's super simple, straightforward, very John Steinbeck.

The other is like some David Lynch movie, weird shit everywhere but weird shit that we've just made up for the sake of being weird. "Oh hey I know! You know that bull they just made the sherriff? Let's make him hermaphroditic! He can like, hide his udders under his flak jacket. Oh also we need more midgets."

Right, so then we send both books around to some random English classes and ask em to analyze. I'd LOVE to know what they think the labrador with Tourrette's is supposed to symolize.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Wow! It makes this powerful statement about society. How some people..."
:mellow: *cuts self*

Back