Defying Gravity

Does anyone know who sings the beautiful song that was on the latest episode of Defying Gravity when Zoe and Donner were in bed together? It was a male singer accompanied by a piano. I think the name of the song might be Angel Of The Night. I really enjoyed it. :)

Okay... I'm going insane trying to find that song "Angel of the Night" in ep.12 Venus. Sounds a lot like Blue Rodeo's Dark Angel. I know it's not though, it just has the same sound and tempo. Been searchinjg the blog/forums endless with no luck.:(

I've captured the song from ep12 and it does sound very much like Greg Keelor of Blue Rodeo. If you listen to their new album, this song even has the light female accompaniment you hear on the "Defying Gravity" song.
Has anyone contacted Shawn Pierce by email to see if he can help? As the music composer for the series he should know. I understand that he can be reached through his website and is quite friendly. Let us know if someone has already sent this email, if not I can try.

Cheers,
George

The music composer doesn't have anything to do with picking the commerical songs used in the series. You'd want to contact the music supervisor for the show: Natasha Duprey (she is with the same company as Shawn Pierce though). You can email her by clicking the Natasha after Music Supervisor at this site:

http://www.mxsolutionsinc.com/

Good news and bad new about ep 12's "Angel of The Night" piano song. Shawn Pierce emailed me back with this.
Thank you for the kind words. So glad you love the show and the music!
The song in EP 12 is called "Come To The Light" It was written by a really great songwriter,
Dane DeViller. (www.danedeviller.com) The song isn't released yet or for sale.
I'm hoping Dane will put it up for sale. There's been some demand for it.
I can put you on my music list and keep you updated if you like.

We gotta get that song.

Shawn Pierce wanted me to post this - sounds like he and Natasha have been getting a lot of emails about this song. He wrote me this
"Some people have asked me if Natasha Duprey,
the music supervisor, and I work together at MX Solutions. The answer is we used to for many years. We are good friends though and work
on a lot of shows together. MX Solutions no longer exists. An old website is still up with incorrect info. Natasha is the director of Music Supervision at S.L. Feldman and Associates. I'm an independent composer.
Can you post this info wherever you are talking about Defying Gravity music online if you have time?"

HI i could be wrong but i found this and the first few seconds does sound a lot like the music that is played when the crew see beta for the first time.

I could be wrong though.

Robert Plant: Morning Dew.

A

In Season 1 Episode 11 "Solitary" Im very interested what the songs are playing in the background in Tommy's bar scense, First one when the two doctors are talking, then the next one, possible by the same artist, when the Darts game is underway, and lets go with the last one when the News dude is picking up Clare. Thats all. Thanks in advance

Still looking for the piano song "Come To The Light" in episode Venus. This really sucks.... how about someone out there just sings and records it so they can send it to me.

Please, I am interested in songs "Come To The Light" in episode Venus written by Dane DeViller and "Angel of The Night" piano song by Shawn Pierce.. where I can find them? .. they are too nice not to enjoy them providing that you want ..!!

Okay - seems there is some misinformation here. The song at the end of episode 8 - when the crew steps in to first see beta, is Svefn-g-englar by Sigur Ros.

...I registered just to clear this up as I was searching high and low myself :D

Episode 8 ending IS NOT Sigur Ros, Post 24 on this thread cleared that up. It's by Mr. Shawn Pierce and is called "Higher Power", however they are both similar in production.

Shawn mailed me today and told me that it looks like he'll release a sound score for the show!!! In addition to that, as a bonus track he may be able to put on "Come To The Light" by Dane Deviller. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

I really want 'Higher Power' to be released! Its such a good build up, and those distorted guitars played like bows, just sounds amazing.
I need it!

Oh and also, how do i subscribe to a thread? I cant find the subscribe link anywhere...

I really want 'Higher Power' to be released! Its such a good build up, and those distorted guitars played like bows, just sounds amazing.
I need it!

Oh and also, how do i subscribe to a thread? I cant find the subscribe link anywhere...
The show will be out this month on the 19th.

I logged in by clicking a black box in the upper right of this screen.

I want to buy the soundtrack with "Come to the Light" as well! Do we need to e-mail someone to show interest in having it for purchase? I am still sad they cancelled it. I guess that there is no chance that the BBC or Canada would finish it?

Space Odyssey: Voyage To The Planets (released as Voyage To The Planets And Beyond in the United States) is a similar take on this material, in a less dramatic fashion with no aliens. It is a great DVD.

Defying Gravity: The Complete First Season (2009)
Starring: Defying Gravity Rating: NR (Not Rated) Format: DVD

List Price: $49.98

This title will be released on January 19, 2010.

ref=dp_image_0

Click on the green Thread Tools menu link in the black bar at the top of this thread.

Hi, does anyone know the name of the song being played at the bar where the conversation is about two lovers at a baseball game and he kept the ball etc in the episode RUBICON? female vocals & some of the lyrics if I heard right are:

until I show it to you
life of sorrow
in her treachery
i'm in despair

hope someone can help, thanks

I've recently been trying to contact Shawn Pierce about his role in the music of Defying Gravity, however I can't seem to send the email, as it no longer exists?:

" info -at- shawnpierce.com
Your message has reached a mailbox that is no longer in service. However, your message may have been forwarded to another address. Please check with the recipient to verify successful delivery.
"

In Season 1 Episode 11 "Solitary" Im very interested what the songs are playing in the background in Tommy's bar scense, First one when the two doctors are talking, then the next one, possible by the same artist, when the Darts game is underway, and lets go with the last one when the News dude is picking up Clare. Thats all. Thanks in advance
Kyle Stein is the artist (as listed at tvshowmusic).

Can anyone tell me where I can find this guy's music? Tried iTunes, Amazon and nothing found on Google. Anyone?

I need it!

Hi all! I've been searching for "Higher Power" for almost a year, and guess what?

Great news! Just had to create an account here to tell you all that Shawn Pierce has released all his music from the show! It's not downloadable, but you can listen to it here : http://shawnpierce.com/listen.htm (High Quality)

Enjoy! :D

Awesome!!! I thought this thread was long gone and dead. So, any... please... anyone... I want to find "Come To The Light" by Dane Deviller. Any ideas?????

Back