Chevy "Ain't We Got Love"

jibberishlips

Reaction score
Chevy "Ain't We Got Love"

Basically it starts with old songs featuring mention of the car companies cars then goes to present songs in hip-hop music. I want to know the first 5 songs, sorry I don't know the xcar company, it may be Chevrolet...

Perhaps ...

It's the Super Bowl Chevrolet ad that showed several people in various Chevy cars singing snippets of songs (that, I guess, would reference Chevy in some way) ...

Did a Google search for ya ...

Evidently the title of the ad is "Ain't We Got Love"

Features Mary J. Blige, TI, Big'n'Rich, Dale Earnhardt Jr., etc. ...

???

Maybe other AdTunesians can take it from there for ya ...

Good Luck!

B)

View the commercial here: http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/postseason/superads

It's under the 1st quarter tab and it's titled GM: We Got Love. It is for chevy cars. It seems as if they are remixes of real songs they are singing replacing the original words with words about chevy cars. The few songs I did notice were Nelly - "Country Grammar" and T.I. - "Top Back".

The youtube clip also has some comments under it with some other possible artists.

http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua3pwyRYTaM

Didn't they do this last year?? And now it's different songs... :rolleyes:

Thanks you guys! Sadly I didn't find the song I wanted but I am positive that was the commercial....

here are the songs,but don't know all the "singers" in the commercial: B)

Mary J Blige sings
"Chevrolet"
by
Ed Young and Emma Ramsay

??? sings
"Crocodile Rock"
by
Elton John

Johnny O'Connell sings
"Going Back to Cali"
by
LL Cool J

Big & Rich sings
"Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy"
by
Big & Rich

T.I.(??) sings
"Top Back"
by
T.I.

??? sings
"409"
by
Beach Boys

??? sings
"Country Grammar"
by
Nelly

Dale Earnhardt Jr. sings
(We're Not) The Jet Set
by
Tammy Wynette and George Jones

Can anyone help me out with the artists from the Chevy Commercial, the original artists of the songs the people in the Chevy's sing?

I know "The top is down on the black Corvette..." is LL Cool J

but I don't know any of the others...

Hope thats enough info!

The only ad I've seen with Dale Jr. driving the Corvette is the one where he's singing along to the George Jones and Tammy Wynette song "We're Not the Jet Set". Is that the one?

Yeah, thank you :]

there are a couple other songs... like a white guy singing "Nobody can shut that Chevy Down..."

and a black woman singing "buy you a Chevrolet..."

I'm sorry. I should have read your request more carefully. If you try search, I believe the list of songs was provided sometime in February.

I didn't realize the commercial was that old, and I will look...

I searched the forum for the lyrics with no success, but I'll check it out...

You can google Chevy super bowl ad ain't we got love. Ain't we got love was the theme of the ad. You'll find listed TI, Mary J. Blige, Big & Rich, George & Tammy. etc. Wish I had more for you.

and does anyone know who is singing in the small clip at the end of the commercial, when they play "Not The Jet Set"

It isn't Geroge and Tammy.

or at least none of the versions I have found sound like the people singing at the end of the commercial.

I may be mistaken; it sounds like them to me with a bit of Dale Jr. thrown in.

Is their really a slong called: We're the Chevrolet Set. If so, who sings it? Mary J. Blige starts the commercial with "Buy me a chevrolet" and ends with "We the old chevrolet set.

(We're Not) The Jet Set by Tammy Wynette & George Jones

No we're not the jet set
We're the old Chevrolet set
There's no Riviera
In Festus, Missouri

:blink:

Back