Chevy Cobalt

slfgirl

Reaction score
I need to know if the mix of "Hot Stuff" and some hip hop song in the Chevy Cobalt commercial is a real song, and if so, what is it called and who is it by?

Its the commercial where there are 2 cars in a parking garage and one opens the car door and a hip hop song is playing, then the other car opens the door and "Hot Stuff" is playing, then they both have the doors open and its a really tight remix.

You can find the video here.

I think it's a re-done version or some sort of remix. The first time you hear the music from the black cobalt, it's the theme to Donna Summer's Hot Stuff, but it's done in a techno-ish way. Totally different from the original song. Also, when you hear the "Hot Hot Hot Hot, Stuff" there mainly bassy (sp?) backround music, unlike the original version. If anyone can help identify this re-done version it'd be really appreciated.

Originally posted by slfgirl+Apr 14 2005, 08:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slfgirl @ Apr 14 2005, 08:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Magilune@Apr 2 2005, 07:14 PM
Already answered here.  :usesearch:
Funny, I didnt see an ANSWER anywhere. Nice try, tho.[/b]

It's the 7th post down.

(i.e) <!--QuoteBegin-heretohelp
@Feb 18 2005, 12:14 PM
The "rap" portion was done by a jingle house specifically for the commercial to go with "Hot Stuff"[/quote]

Good tune, too bad it isn't a "real" song... :mellow:

Originally posted by Tay@Apr 7 2005, 12:12 AM
You can find the video here.

I think it's a re-done version or some sort of remix. The first time you hear the music from the black cobalt, it's the theme to Donna Summer's Hot Stuff, but it's done in a techno-ish way. Totally different from the original song. Also, when you hear the "Hot Hot Hot Hot, Stuff" there mainly bassy (sp?) backround music, unlike the original version. If anyone can help identify this re-done version it'd be really appreciated.
Um, I know this is really old, but I had a thought about it the other day ...

Looking back through the various posts about this Chevy Cobalt "Mash Up" ads ...

Overwhelmingly, people wanted to know about the rap portion of the music mix ... which I've learned (and you can too) that it was "done by a jingle house specifically for the commercial ...

Then there was the "Hot Stuff" portion of the music mix ...
It obviously was not the Donna Summer original version ...
Tay was wondering about which version we were listening to in this ad ...

A few days back, a friend of mine was listening to this CD, I heard something and it got me wondering ...

Now mind you, I have not seen the ad recently (I tried the link given earlier to see the video, but it didn't work for me), so I'm going off of fuzzy memories ...

Was it maybe ... and don't laugh ...

The Pussycat Dolls - "Hot Stuff (I Want You Back)" ???
CDUniverse sound sample - track 7

I dunno ...
Right or wrong ...
Enjoy!
There you go.

Back