Celebrity Sightings

Originally posted by a_iver@Nov 8 2004, 01:20 PM
My mom met Fondsie (don't know real name) from Happy Days. Other than that idunno, I saw Culpepper from the Minnesota Vikings in a resteraunt once. And my second cousin dated Kevin Garnett from the Minnesota Timberwolves.
You're so sweet and innocent.

It's Fonzie, as in Arthur Fonzarelli, and yes he was played by Henry Winkler. Dude, EVERYONE knows the Fonz. He was also the coach dude from Waterboy and he's the bad attorney in Arrested Development. HEYYYYY!! Sit on it. :eek:k: <-- who do you think revived this from the days of gladiators?

I went to college with Daunte Culpepper and used to see him around campus every so often.

Also my grandpa taught John Glenn's kids all through school, and somewhere in my dad's attic is a letter written by Glenn thanking my grandpa for all his years of teaching. :) <-- proud

:)

I know who he is, just didn't care enough to learn his name when I used to watch it.

Anyways he was walking down the street and my mom yelled out "Hey! Fonzie!" and he said "Heyyyyy". B)

Forgot about this earlier but when my mother was 16 she saved up and bought a ticket to go see Gene Pitney (he's the guy that sings a town without pity). Anyway, her family didn't let her go and she was heartbroken so her mother wrote to Gene Pitney and his mother (Anne) answered it. Anyway, my mother and her became penpals which devolped into a friendship and when my sister was born she was named after Anne Pitney.
Just thought I would share that story.

That's a sweet story. :) Did you mom eventually ever get to meet or see Pitney in concert?

Nope. Isn't that just sad? At least she gained a friend out of the deal. Unfortunately Anne passed away a while back.

You guys are lucky you live in California
ive never seen any1 famous except R.L Stien or Stien the Goosebumps guy
he came to my school about 7-8 years ago i was proboably in 3-4 grade i was starstruck, but thats basically it.
Oh and some girl in my school was Nala in the broadway version on the Lion King.

A friend of mine from high school, Casey Preslar, got 2nd runner up at the Miss America pagent back in... 2002 I think and she also made an album called Songs I Love. Does that count?

I was looking for a parking spot in downtown Portland (Ore) years ago when these two slacker looking characters stepped in front of my car at the crosswalk. They looked kind of familiar. Actually I was kind of irritated since they were crossing against the light. Idiots.

I circled the block hoping a parking space would open and there they were again, crossing the street for the second time. What the hell. A really deja vu/Groundhog day moment.

I then noticed that all the other people who were there the first time, were there again. In the exact same spots. It was then I noticed the film crew on the opposite corner with Gus Van Sant behind the camera. The two slackers walking in front of my car were Keanu Reeves and River Phoenix. The were shooting "My Own Private Idaho".

I have friends who saw them in local clubs many times during the duration of that filming.

When Van Sant shot "Drugstore Cowboy" my same friends saw Matt Dillion a lot too.

That's really bizarre -- I would have totally freaked out on the whole groundhog day realization! :lol:

OOh, I met American Idol's Simon Cowell in a restaraunt in London, and I got his autograph!

Not much except for that, but my dad did go to high school for three months with Moe Howard from the Three Stooges!!

I think I may have just seen Steve Guttenberg (Police Academy, 3 Men & A Lady) at the grocery store today.

My extent is the guy who has the world record for keeping (random# of basketballs spinning at a time) he came to my elementary school like five years ago. And seeing Jimmy Eat World in concert in September other than that you all got me beat .

My friend has worked backstage with Cheap Trick at our local rundown movie theatre :blush:

My 1st time to NYC I literally ran into Mike Tyson & Naomi Campbell- they were dating at the time!

When I was 18 or 19 I worked in a vegan restaurant of sorts, it was actually a counter in a bead and hemp shop( don't ask) and I short order cooked Andre 3000's veggie lasagna he left a 20$ tip

A year later I went back to Lil 5 pts for a tattoo and ran into Erykah badu w/Andre shortly after 7's birth

In the exact same spot on the Friday after Aaliyah passed I met Fatima( Aaliyahs choreographer) and extened my heartfelt condolences.

yes, bbrocks he did. He had to run around and get things for them, so he'd ask "Does Cheap Trick want some beer?" etc. the story was really funny :D

Originally posted by manintights89@Nov 27 2004, 08:58 PM
He had to run around and get things for them, so he'd ask "Does Cheap Trick want some beer?"
aah!!! the lap of luxury! :D

I have seen the most random people...

Kerri Russell -- Felicity -- while having brunch @ Park Avalon in Manhattan.

Starr Jones & Elisabeth Hasselbeck from the View, along with Elisabeth's husband Tim, a backup quarterback for the Washington Redskins....waited in line with them at SaraBeth's on the Upper West side in Manhattan. The craziest part of all is that I HATE the View and never watch it, but I am the biggest football fan, so I knew right away who Tim Hasselbeck was. It was really funny b/c he says people always recognize his wife, or his brother, QB of the Seattle Seahawks, Matt Hasselbeck. So it was so funny I knew he was, even though he was just on their practice squad at the time!!

Also dining at SaraBeth's that same morning was Steven Spielberg with some people, one of them who was discussing just getting back from vacationing on P.Diddy's boat. I was staring so much at Spielberg that he looked over at me and kind of smiled and waved. I got so excited, I said "Hi" and ran away.

A few weeks ago (about a week after she was fired), I saw Elizabeth from the Apprentice walking down 5th Avenue (past Trump Tower.) She was dialing on her cell phone and almost walked right into me. VERY pretty in person.

I also saw Katrina from last year's Apprentice at the NFL Draft last year. She was doing some correspondent thing for ESPN and we were talking to her. She is very pretty in person -- much prettier than on tv. And tall.....very, very tall.

I saw Kristin Gore (Al Gore's daughter) in a restuarant with some friends a couple months ago. I don't even know that I would have recognized her, but she had been on the Today Show earlier in the day talking about her book Sammy's Hill, and was wearing the same outfit she wore on the show to dinner. I recognized the outfit before I recognized her! She was with just a bunch of regular looking people. And I saw a copy of her book Sammy's Hill tucked into her bag.

Just this past weekend I was walking down Central Park South toward Columbus Circle, and saw Gloria Allred walking out of a hotel (Amber Frey's lawyer in the Scott Peterson case, high powered lawyer always giving legal commentary on MSNBC & CNN)...

I met the band Blessed Union of Soul on a layover in a Cincinnatti airport a few years ago. Great band by the way!

I met Bill Clinton once when he was in Citicorp Center in Februray 2001 giving benefits for the American India Foundation.

And I saw Dick Cheyney and his wife in a lino en ruote to Madison Square Garden for the 2004 Republican convention. They had us all blocked off waiting for the limo to go by. No tinted glass which surprised me.

I don't know....I just see and notice random people. All my friends say, "How did you even know it was them? I would have never picked them out." I don't know, I just do, proof that you can walk past famous people every day and not even realize it...

My second cousin Mike Ironside, saw him at this years family get together and will probly get to see him again at the next one in 2 years. He doesn't like to see himself as a celebrity though and doesn't feel comfortable when others do either so until he wants to talk about his carreer we all forget that he is a actor and writer. its the least we can all do, I mean how would you like someone bugging you about what you do for a living none stop. Once he gets talking you hear some funny stuff too like about him being a voice in the Splinter Cell Games and what he was really expected and his surprise at what he got. I of course always am too shy to talk to him, not cause of him being a actor but cause I don't really know him too well cept for stories my mum tells me about when they were all kids, my younger brother warmed up to him much easier though and even likes to think of him as a uncle.

Back