Best commercial ad song?

The one that sticks out is the Mike Jordan commercial with Mary J. Blige covering Stevie Wonder's "Overjoyed."

Aside from that, the Nike commercial that uses basketball sound effects as a percussive beat. Back when Jason Williams was the next White hype.

Oh, and also the old school Gap commercial that featured Steven Tyler and Joe Perry from Aerosmith, with Perry on drums. They just riffed some funky bars and looked like they were having a great time.

"Hung in a Bad Place" by Oasis on an old Victoria's Secret commercial brought me to this website.

lush - undertow

it was used in a levi's ad, some girl steals her car from a chop shop.
now i own numerous lush albums.
it was a really great ad too, i still watch it sometimes.

Half Acre by Hem (used in an insurance commercial, I think).
and Explosive by Bond (which was used in a volvo commercial).

my perosonal favorite would be "I like the way you move" by the bodyrockers from one of the coke commercials. it's what brought me here. ;)

The Goldfrapp songs that were in those nintendo commercials. That's when I really started noticing/paying attention to music in commercials.

Also "Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet in some mitsubishi commercial.

I love Craig Armstrong's version of "Clair De Lune" in this Chanel No 5 commercial starring Nicole Kidman and directed by Baz Lurhmann.

Span - Stay As You Are
Commercial: Nissan Xterra (Mud & Guts)

Kings of Leon - Molly's Chambers
Commercial: Volkswagen Jetta

The Yardbirds - Over, Under, Sideways, Down
Commercial: Chevy Cobalt

Without a doubt Montserrat by Orquesta Del Plata from a Kahlua Liquor commercial. Totally blew me away.

The song that blew me away, and actually led me to this site, was a Korbel Champagne commercial with the music "Another Eden" by Jean Paul Merkel :)

I think 'Way of the Light' by Gift of Gab From that diet coke with lime commercial is truely fantastic

Originally posted by Gill@Aug 15 2006, 06:36 PM
Without a doubt Montserrat by Orquesta Del Plata from a Kahlua Liquor commercial. Totally blew me away.
agreed :D i think that brought me here... i can't recall.

Originally posted by GOLD_FRAPP_ROX!@Aug 8 2006, 07:46 PM
Strict Machine by Goldfrapp. As far as I know the song has been used in two commercials.
Hehe, yeah my first song too =) and it's actually one of my all-time favourites ^_^ And I'm totally addicted to Goldfrapp now o_o.

deffently Bidibodibidibu by Bubbles is my all time favorite.... tough to find, but a blast to hear :eek:k:

diamonds and guns - transplants
horndog - overseer
callin out - lyrics born
everybody got their something - nikka costa

Back