Best commercial ad song?

I've gotta add my two cents, and say that my favorite commercial is the nike "running to school" ad, (circa 2002) where a girl is running to class, but her feet never touch the ground. (she runs across the hoods of cars, hitches a lift on a truck, and hangs from a pole, etc) plus it had the catchiest tune to compliment it.

The best ad song isn't even a song... at least not one you can buy! It's the Wrigley's Extra gum ad with the dude at the airport and his "Chewphoria"!! :woo:

see it here:

great little jingle!! :whistle:

2004 Ford Escape Hybrid Commercial by Machine Head Studios, anybody who has seen this commercial knows what I'm talking about.

All I have to say is I'm glad I stopped by tonight. I started reading this thread which originated 4 years and found "We've Been Had" by The Walkman. Always like this song from the commercial and NEVER thought I'd find it 4 years later. Now I can go to bed happy. :lol:

This has to be my favorite of all time. Really well done although not a fan of the NEW Volkswagens :rolleyes:

If anyone is curious about the tunes, the artist is "Land of the Loops" and the track is called "Multi Family Garage Sale".

Later

I confess to being a hopeless, OK hopeful, sentimentalist so I adore the GM commercials that ran during the Olympics and featured Brandi Carlile's song, "The Story." It was a classic example of the music track elevating the product.

Forgot the song...

I know it's been discussed on here in the past, but what is the song that sounds like Kid Rock's Ba Wid Da Ba, only it's been used in a TON of ads?

"Heartbeats" - Jose Gonzalez for Sony Bravia.

Great song and amazing commercial. Not sure this ever aired on US TV. I found it on the internet after hearing the song on one of those cable TV radio stations.

Songs I specifically hunted down after hearing them in commercials:

"Theme from Harry's Game" by Clannad

"20th Century Boy" by T-Rex

"Boy Or Girl" by Astrid

"If I Knew Then" by the Small Faces

"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet

In most cases, the songs led me to whole albums. In fact, commercials are my main source of new music.

My first post on this site:

Right on spcook...love the T-Rex and Jet songs (that was for one of the cell phone companies back in '06 I believe.

Using your header, Songs I specifically hunted down after hearing them in commercials:

"Horndog" by Overseer (Mitsubishi)

"Days Go By" by Dirty Vegas (also Mitsubishi)

"Molly's Chambers" by Kings of Leon (Volkswagen)

"Pink Moon" by Nick D"ake (also Volkswagen: agree with the posters that spoke about the entire connected mood of the song with the visuals of the commercial)

"Family Affair" by Mary J. Blige for Propel Water (this is a awesome song, surprised it's not mentioned more in this thread)

and the one that finally led me to find and join this site

"Slither" by Velvet Revolver (Guitar Hero lll) (had found this in earlier searches but was playing around with that search again and found this Nirvana site - pun sorta intended

NOW...after having read through this whole thread and all the great posts...I'm doing my part to bump this up...AND will have LOTs of music searching to do over the weekend!!

"Heartbeats" - Jose Gonzalez for Sony Bravia.

Great song and amazing commercial. Not sure this ever aired on US TV. I found it on the internet after hearing the song on one of those cable TV radio stations.

Thanks for bringing this commercial forward...I already have emailed a number of friends to view it...and the making of the commercial youtube piece too ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1bEOtpqYpA ) ...amazing piece of creativity and artistry in a commercial

These days commercials don't emphasize the jingle the way they used to. The radio spots on air today -- car dealerships being a good example -- seem to typically work from a similar set of stock jingles -- they get a "ad agency that write bad lyrics to come up with some silly words and sing along "a la karaoke":)

The days of old brought a smile to the face of the TV commercial viewer with at least creatively written "songs". A couple of examples are the "Castro Convertible Sofa" jingle: "The first to conquer living space was the Castro Convertible". The Miller Highlife Beer jingle: "When it's time to relax, Miller comes through..." Late 1950s TV show songs and jingles had a similar style, right through to the sixties. The theme songs from Gilligan's Island, Hogan's Heroes, followed in a similar funny and memorable, easily branded style. The music in jingles today seems to be more supportive in its role than in the spotlight.

Admittedly commercials have become more sophisticated, 3D animation and special effects, but few could do a better job branding a product than the "Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is" Alka Seltzer jingle and their amazingly effective ads! "That'za Spicy meat-a-ball!"

A buddy of mine, Leonard Strong, an extremely talented San Diego based vocalist for years was the Mossy Nissan jingle singer. Their jingles stand out from the crowd and Leonard pulled it off well:
but you can hear his extreme talent on a song he did for me called Christmas in the Sun. Many of the vocalists earning a living singing these jingles are very talented.

I love that song in the Ritz crackers ad. It goes "If we're not both married by 23........ will you marry me". It's brilliant.

I haven't checked this whole thread, but one of my favorites is for Traveler's Insurance, with the little dog worried about his bone.

It's by Ray LaMontagne Title: Trouble I thought it would be a black artist fer shur, but . . .

Here are some others, some found here at Adtunes:

We Are the People by Empire of the Sun

Half Acre by Hem

Under the Milky Way Tonight by Sia

Major Tom (Coming Home) by Shiny Toy Guns (Lincoln)

Falling in love at a Coffee Shop by Landon Pigg

Li'l King Kong by Simple Kid (Saturn, sigh)

New Soul by Yael Nim (iTunes)

Pink Moon by Nick Drake

It's All Right Here by Renee Stahl (Overstock.com)

Back