Best commercial ad song?

My favorites:

1. Struggle - Ringside
2. Son's Gonna Rise - Citizen Cope
3. Color My World - Renee Cologne

"Yellows and Blues"- Jimmy Haun for Lexus

"Half Acre"- Hem for Liberty Mutual

"Saltwater"- Chicane for Discover Ireland

"American Journey"- Jimmy Haun for Union Pacific...

Originally posted by miamiglfr@Jul 26 2007, 09:44 AM
"Yellows and Blues"- Jimmy Haun for Lexus

"Half Acre"- Hem for Liberty Mutual

"Saltwater"- Chicane for Discover Ireland

"American Journey"- Jimmy Haun for Union Pacific...
I want to send out a special BIG THANK YOU to all of you whom thus far have submitted entries to this post. I, once again, found 2 new songs to add to my iPod in large part thanks to miamiglfr. I, unfortunately, could not get the Jimmy Haun songs due to iTunes has not made them available yet to download. I appreciate very much everyones hard work and dedication for keeping this post alive on Adtunes. Please, continue to add music. I know their must be more great tunes out there that have yet to be discovered by people/persons like me.

:rolleyes:

"Right Now" by Mocean Worker for Lincoln MKX

"Fly Me Away" by Goldfrapp for target

"In the Hall of the Mountain Queen" by Raymond Scott for tic tacs

"Wicked Game" by Giant Drag for nip/tuck

"Believer" by Rogue Traders for old navy

B)

Ok, I'm just curious here, but I come here all the time, and I just would like your opinions about what commercials this year have had the best songs up to this point.

Originally posted by FallenAngel3099@Apr 11 2008, 08:01 PM
Ok, I'm just curious here, but I come here all the time, and I just would like your opinions about what commercials this year have had the best songs up to this point.
"Medicine Man" by The Hush Sound.

It was used in a House promo a few months ago.

I just about flipped out when I saw this, because I'm obsessed with The Hush Sound's music (they've been my favorite band for a few years now).

But the thing with The Hush Sound, is that they're playing a "game" with their fans.

On the inside of their newest CD, Goodbye Blues, they asked "Do you know the Medicine Man?" in the smallest writing you could imagine, and a URL for the medicine man's myspace page.

Anyway, to put it shortly, it's been this big goose chase between the fans and the band. The Medicine Man gives away these little details which reveal coordinates and dates for secret shows and whatnot. There are easter eggs everywhere, leading to other websites which give away more hints.

I don't watch House so I wasn't really aware of all that happened, but the advert ended up being a clue in the Medicine Man's game.

I just thought this was a trip, seeing as how The Hush Sound is just this tiny little indie quartet from Chicago who isn't quite known yet. :)

For FX Rescue Me Promo - 13 Senses - "Into the Fire"
For FX Seasonal Promo - Radiant - "World"

I would have to say the songs that brought me here was:
E.S. Posthumus - "Nara" when used in the Unfaithful commercial

Also, I really loved finding Frou Frou through the Garden State commercial. Luckily, the artist was listed on the movie site, so it wasn't much of a huge search.

Originally posted by colormekris@Jun 26 2008, 09:23 AM
Also, I really loved finding Frou Frou through the Garden State commercial. Luckily, the artist was listed on the movie site, so it wasn't much of a huge search.
You should check out the entire soundtrack.
It's one of my all-time favorites.

Originally posted by PiratesLife_ForMe@Jun 26 2008, 01:41 PM

You should check out the entire soundtrack.
It's one of my all-time favorites.

Oh believe me, I bought it the day it became available on iTunes. ;)

Nick Drake - Pink Moon
• for that car commercial; perfect song, perfect mood... those nighttime drives ARE the best... especially with a GREAT song like Pink Moon. Makes me very nostalgic.

ipod commercials
• they normally have VERY catchy songs in them; i.e. Coldplay, The Ting Tings, The Fratellis, Feist, etc... good on them for some great band choices.

Fatboy Slim - The World Is Made Up of This and That
• a car commercial; a very very catchy song, and one of the ones I remember to this very day

The most interesting man in the world series... especially the new one:

The Most Interesting Man in the World on Rollerblading -- "No."

Back