Acura TSX

Good work Astro. :eek:k:

Hopefully the song becomes available somehow.

Here is some information from postmagazine.com about the tune. I have not been able to find a link to the song. Please post if someone finds it.

SOVEREIGN'S HANKE SCORES ACURA'S 'WINDOW'

SANTA MONICA, CA - Sovereign (www.sovereignla.com) composer PJ Hanke recently created the musical score for Acura’s new Window commercial featuring the carmaker’s TSX sedan. Conceived by agency RPA and produced by HSI, the ethereal spot shows the TSX as a transparent capsule, in which the active lives of its drivers are showcased holding meetings, working out, dancing, swimming and simply enjoying life.

All of these images are set to a techno-driven track, composed by Hanke, with vocals by Dee Clay. The commercial and the car’s journey end with actor James Spader reading: "Your life. Your car. Connected. The Acura TSX."

"The original creative direction I was given was to create a lush, energetic, modern-feeling track," explains Hanke. "I was asked to match musically this larger-than-life visual, which had been created by director Joseph Kahn. The agency creatives at RPA were also concerned about quality. They wanted this track to sound as if it was pulled right off an album. In the end, the agency liked the song so much, they asked me to create a full-length version, a single, just so they have it to listen to. I consider that a great complement to the work."

Michael Heldman of Spot Welders in Venice, CA, cut the :30 spot, which relies heavily on visual effects created by Digital Domain, also in Venice.

Nice job on hunting that info down. I *knew* that XM Radio shot was related somehow....

I'm a little disappointed that this isn't a "real" group though. I was looking forward to buying their album.

Ah well, you never know what may come of it...

Thanks again!

Originally posted by Dougs325@Jan 22 2006, 07:11 AM
So how do we go about getting this single? Great job on hunting it down!
I'm wondering the same thing. I did email Sovereign last week, but haven't gotten a reply. I really want this song in my music collection.

I would like to know if anyone has heard anything about this song being available as a single. I emailed Soverign, but they didn't reply.
Thanks, AJ

Has anyone heard anything about this song being available for purchase yet?
B)

Nah, I ain't heard nothing yet. I've even done a search online. You know what? I'm gonna call soverign. You should too. Call them at their offices, and I will too. They should be open tom (mon). So i'll try to post in here after I find out if they do or what. I hope they hurry up. Cause I was just thinking about this today. And I don't even come on this site much anymore. But if I find out more details, i'll post. You do the same too. That beat is mega hot :)

The comments for this vid:

say:

Acura TSX tv spots, music composed by PJ Hanke from Sovereign

The lyrics I hear go:

"Just realize...
Just realize...
the future..."

So, can we provide further identification enlightenment and tuneful epiphany?

:rolleyes:

I just contacted Sovereign, and they said that they might be able to get a copy of the single out to me. I'll know by Mon.

Originally posted by GregDaye@Feb 9 2007, 03:28 PM
I just contacted Sovereign, and they said that they might be able to get a copy of the single out to me. I'll know by Mon.
Hey I will be wanting that track, too! I remember seeing that commercial last year and could not find anything about it, then finally saw this thread. Just saw it 2x today and wow it is so cool.

Hot song. I hope someone is able to find/get the full version.

this is a great track, the search for this track is actually what bought me to this site

SOVEREIGN COMPOSER PJ HANKE "window". I to love this song. i emailed the soverign composer on his website and waiting for the reply. if yu get any info on this please let us know

Great news people. I called Soverign this friday (March 2nd 2007) and talked to them first hand. This is what they told me, they said that the song is gonna be available to download soon. In the next 2 weeks off of itunes. I asked them if alot of people called them up and requested the song. And they said that they average about 2-3 calls a day.

I asked them why it took them so long, and they said that they had to get legal issues and also the rights from the composer and also acura because of the releasing of the track, but that it should be available in the next 2 weeks. I also asked them why it took almost a year because I called them last year and they said before 2006 was out, the song would be available. They kind of blew off my question but just reasured me that it would be on itunes before the end of March. So there you have it people. If it's not, i'll def call them back. If anyone finds it available before then, please let all of us here on the forum know. There are many of us anxious on here to get the song! :)

-Air

Back