A Diamond is Forever young and old couple walk in park

Three definitive answers for one ad... Anyone know which is the song for the ad the original poster asked about? :lol:

I am familiar with the DeBeers commercial. However, there is another for the 3 diamond anniversary ring. It is a black/white commercial w/young couple walking hand in hand in a park in winter past an older couple doing the same. What song is this?

Actually it is not Pallatio. That is the DeBeers commercial. This is a different artist, not Karl's. But thanks. If you know this song as well please let me know.

This is a comercial for the diamond trading company with a young couple walking around an older couple who are holding hands and the man is wearing a beret. There isn't any talking, just the violin music in the background until the end when the announcer makes some comment about some things lasting forever.
What is that music??????

I believe you are talking about a DeBeers commercial and the music is "Palladio" by Karl Jenkins

I listened to the music but that is not it. The picture is of two elderly french people walking hand in hand in a park. The violin is much slower. At the end it shows letters on the bottom of the screen that says Diamond Trading Co. Thanks anyway.

I seem to be too stupid to utilize the internet :D ; I cannot seem to find the actual commercial you all are talking about, the one with the couple in the park. I loooove that commercial. Can anyone help plz? If this is out of the scope of this forum and I am in violation of it, please disregard my post. thanx

for everyone who keeps saying the song is palladio, it is NOT. here is the commercial elynoon is talking about. maybe this'll help, cuz it seems like many of you don't know which commercial he/she is talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVAVZsHMjLY

i hope that helps. i personally love this commercial as well, and have been looking everywhere for the song and actors' names, but to no avail :(. any help would be much appreciated!!

also, the commercial is called Three's Magic. here is an excerpt from http://www.professionaljeweler.com/archive...31302story.html regarding DTC's advertising campaign.

Three's Magic
The three stone concept continues to be strong, says DTC, leading the creative team that promotes the idea to extend it to other occasions besides anniversaries. Two television ads continue to promote the past, present and future theme. The newer ad was created post-Sept. 11 and features a young couple walking past an older couple (the back story is the older folks have been married for more than 50 years in real life). Both couples are holding hands. The voice-over message reminds viewers diamonds are the only thing besides enduring love that lasts forever. The media coverage of couples making renewed efforts to nurture their relationships in the aftermath of Sept. 11 helped spur the new ad.

douceange1106, is this the commercial you're talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVAVZsHMjLY

if so, i've personally looked everywhere for the name of the song too, but i haven't had any luck so far. sorry. hopefully, someone here knows the answer.

and you're right, it's not palladio. it does have a slower, more classical feel to it.

hope i'm not too late. it was answered on another thread and on the youtube link. u just need to scroll down to see the last comment at the bottom of the page. It's called "Yumeiji's Theme", from the soundtrack of the movie "In the mood for love", btw.

actually beaky, i have seen that thread, and although the song you mention sounds remarkably alike, it's not the song in the commercial. thanks for trying to help though. :)

or did they modify the song a bit maybe? can't tell if they're just similar, or if it is the same song and the composition has been a bit altered. :p

ok yeah, I'm not quite sure, but I have seen a commercial for "People's Diamonds" which has a tune in it, mainly violins. Ironically, I have been trying to find this tune, but no dice. It actually sounds a lot like "Eleanor Rigby" by the beatles. Almost exactly like it (the violin part). Please reply and tell me this song

-Lt. Dan :blink:

anyone know what the new dymands are forever commewrcial song is. theres a young couple and there walking in the park and the see and old couple and then a diomand. its like an acoustic violin or something.

Originally posted by trehugger@May 23 2006, 07:14 PM
Palladio, by Karl Jenkins
Palladio? Are you sure about that? The original and famous "Diamonds are Forever" commercial definitely uses the 1st movement of Palladio, but I didn't realize this particular commercial with the old couple in the park came from that piece.

Hi,
I have also been looking for this piece as well as I am a cellist and love the sound and orchestration of this small but extraordinary little piece. I listened to both the commercial ad and "Yumeji's Theme" and they are not the same piece, though, they do have a similar theme (solo violin with a three quarter beat string orchestra accompanying). If any of you find anything else through research, please post here, as many of us would like to know what this piece is.

Thanks,
MCG

anybody knows the music used on the diamond is forever commerical?

There is no dialogue, just a younger couple walking and then they inspired by an older couples holding hands while strolling. As soon as they walked around the older couples, they reached out for each other hand as well.

I am having a hard time finding the musis used in the background. Help please!

Back