Does anyone know the song that was played during the season premier ad for 24 this season?

Been searching everywhere for the past few days for this song, and found this site. I guess dont watch the video if you dont want to spoil 24 as it contains season 6 stuff.
Wondering if anyone knows the song played in the second half of the trailer

Don't know the artist in question but it sure sounds like a heavy sampling of the Allman Brothers "Whippin Post"

found the lyrics to Whippin Post, and seems like the words at the end are like the last line in the song. Just need to figure out who sings it. Cheers givemfitz

it is NOT jay-z Oh My God...i downloaded that song and listened to it myself and then watched my bloody TAPED commercial of season 6's trailer for FOX...it was NOT a match....ROFL....

some people have suggested to me soundgarden's "my wave" but i'm not sure...heck, if someone could even rip the music from that trailer (not that i'm asking any of YOU to do) :rolleyes: but ANYWAYS...
anyone know the name of the music in the FOX channel's preview promo....heck, if you could find out if the music is specific to fox ***28***'s channel promo, i'd be happier than gumby meeting gumbelina!:p:p:p

YAH!!!

IT IS SOUNDGARDEN'S MY WAVE!!!

SUCH AN AWESOME SONG!!!!

I REPEAT: THE SONG FOR THE PROMO IS NOT JAY Z OH MY GOD, I REPEAT, THE SONG FOR THE PROMO IS NOT JAY Z!!!

TO THAT TRAILER, NO.

if that is the FOX trailer, (cuz theres like 20 variations of 3 different trailers EACH trailer) the song is:

Sound Garden's My Wave

listen to the beginning of this song closely and then go to the fox webbie and listen to it...IT IS THE SAME!

Originally posted by Voshra@Jan 3 2007, 10:09 AM
it is NOT jay-z Oh My God...i downloaded that song and listened to it myself and then watched my bloody TAPED commercial of season 6's trailer for FOX...it was NOT a match....ROFL....

some people have suggested to me soundgarden's "my wave" but i'm not sure...heck, if someone could even rip the music from that trailer (not that i'm asking any of YOU to do) :rolleyes: but ANYWAYS...
anyone know the name of the music in the FOX channel's preview promo....heck, if you could find out if the music is specific to fox ***28***'s channel promo, i'd be happier than gumby meeting gumbelina!:p:p:p
Qwerty is right, the commerical he posted it is infact Jay-Z, listen to the end of the song and the commercial.

INCORRECT INCORRECT...
i have no clue which trailer you guys are watching but the FOX 28 Channel Promo for Season 6 Of 24 had the song "My Wave" By Soundgarden AT THE BEGINNING AT LEAST

the one i watched did...and no, it wasnt on youtube(the one i watched i mean) it was on the Fox 28 channel directly!

Hello-

I regularly watch the Simpsons, and frequently see trailers for the upcoming '24' season. Tonight, I saw a new version of the season 6 trailer, and it was set to music that vaguely resembled parts of Led Zeppelin's "When The Levy Breaks." Does anyone know what song they used?

Thanks.

-TM

24 season premiere

So I just saw a commercial for the 2 hour season premiere for the show "24" on FX, it had a cool beat in the back ground and I think I've heard it before... anyone seen this/ know what I'm talking about?

Also, in the background of the commerical it says "Jack is Back" if that helps any...

Originally posted by Mr. Awesome@Jan 14 2007, 03:07 PM
One that I've seen had a Soungarden song, I think it was "My Wave".
Ya I've seen this one too, but sadly that's not it... it seemed very slow and the beat in it sounds VERY familiar, I've been looking for the commercial for the past 2 hours, and can't seem to find it...

It was driving me crazy too, but I'm pretty sure its a riff of "Planet Telex" by Radiohead from The Bends album.

How do you type a description of the guitar riff???

Da-Nah, (pause) Dada-Nah, (pause) Da-Nah...

It is an instrumental and it is airing in Canada on the ads for the new season of '24'.

It runs the whole length of the commercial (30-45 seconds) and I know that I used to have that song on cassette tape 10 years ago.

I am thinking it is a classic band.... Pink Floyd perhaps?

Can anyone help?

ARGGGHHH...FINALLY AFTER LIKE IT BEING DISPUTED FOREVER....

i was the first person to post that ONE (at least one of them) of the 24 season premire commercials music WAS (AND STILL IS YOU EVIL PEOPLE THAT TOLD ME OTHERWISE AND WE ARGUED ABOUT ALL DAY) Soundgarden's My Wave.

*points at all the evil people that refused to believe him that ONE of the commercials music WAS soundgarden's My Wave*
DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

anyways....

MUWWWHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I WIN!
WOO-HOO!!!!

ANYWAYS....

thanks for letting me clear that up on a more recent topic spot

I just saw it for the first time today while watching the vikings/falcons game. It is advertising the 2 night premiere on Sun Jan 11 for 24. The song sounds similar to Marylin Manson - If i was a vampire, but has a different beat. Thanks, Jared

Back