Hello Musically Gifted Forum Members!

Reaction score
I have been lurking here for around a year and I am finally getting around to posting. I cannot believe how musically gifted you all are! Thanks for answering so many questions about background music. You have been more helpful than you know.

-Sally

Nothing like a nice little ego boost to make everyone like you. ;)

Glad you've decided to join! Welcome to the freak show. :D

Originally posted by thesassycynic@Apr 15 2007, 05:41 PM
Nothing like a nice little ego boost to make everyone like you. ;)

Glad you've decided to join! Welcome to the freak show. :D
Thank you for the welcome. I love music, but I am no where near your league. It's fun, though, because I have been exposed to a lot of new music on this forum that I have come to like.

What music has your ear lately?

-Sally

Originally posted by LongTallSallymander@Apr 15 2007, 07:03 PM
What music has your ear lately?

Oh, geeze. A lot of electronic/techno bands like Royksopp and Fischerspooner. Ben Folds is a musical must of mine all the time. Um....I've also recently gotten into Gnarls Barkley, 30 Seconds to Mars, Mute Math, Mika, She Wants Revenge, Cold War Kids, Family Force Five, and The Futurists. I love a lot of bands/artists, but these would probably be my most recent loves. How 'bout you?

I have not had much time for new music lately. I do like Fischerspooner. I found them through some background music that was on an HBO or Showtime movie ad. Great stuff. I will have to check out some of your other picks.

I am also into Navan lately. They are a Celtic a capella singing group that only uses the old languages. It's pretty kewl stuff. Take a listen if you have time.

Other than that, I listen to quite a bit of pop. I do miss the old album rock, though. Singles are nice, but it's not like listening to concept albums.

I also enjoy some of the old big band stuff. I have quite a collection, although I am not as familiar with it as I would like to be.

Sometimes it is hard to work a good music listening session into life. KWIM?

-Sally

Pretty much anything except ghetto rap, old twangy country and industrial/techno noise. Just don't like 'em.

I listen to a lot of Classical, Opera, Blues, Classic Rock, Classical guitar, Love the Indie stuff but can hardly keep up (this site comes in handy there) and stuff you may never have heard of.

Make more posts and you'll see what we listen too all the time. Click Me ;)

I am also finding a new liking for Scissor Sisters as of late.

I feel compelled to add that since I am listening to them right now. ("I Don't Feel Like Dancin'")

-Sally

Originally posted by LongTallSallymander@Apr 16 2007, 02:27 PM
I am also finding a new liking for Scissor Sisters as of late.

I feel compelled to add that since I am listening to them right now. ("I Don't Feel Like Dancin'")

-Sally
I use that song all the time in my classes (I teach dance). I love Scissor Sisters. :)

Originally posted by thesassycynic@Apr 16 2007, 02:35 PM
I use that song all the time in my classes (I teach dance). I love Scissor Sisters. :)
Kewl. What kind of dance do you teach?

-Sally

You name it, I teach it. Ballet, pointe, tap, jazz, and modern. Kids all the way to adults. ;)

That's wonderful. I took some modern dance classes. I think my experience can best be described by this line from the movie, "Wild Hogs."

"The music moves me, but it moves me ugly."

Hee!

-Sally

Originally posted by LongTallSallymander@Apr 16 2007, 06:13 AM
Aw. I do not have permission to use your "click me".

:(

-Sally
I thought that might happen. Wasn't sure. Oh well. You'll have permission eventually. ;)

Thanks to those who helped with the photo. I had to remove the link. If you want to see the photograph, please send me a PM.

Today was a good Jethro Tull day. "Skating Away" was on my car radio and it was rainy and cold outside. It seemed so fitting for a day like today. I just love that slow crescendo as more instruments are added.

-Sally

Why'd you have to remove it? :unsure: I've been waiting to see itcos......ya never know.

Back