Advertising

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Krays

Status

Check The Krays

Sponsored Links

Hi everybody, I have always had a strange obsession with the type of minor choral music so often used in movie trailers, and I was wondering if anybody knew the choir music used in the trailer for the movie "The Krays"? I have definetely heard it used before, but I can't remember where. Any help would be appreciated.

Status

I watched the trailer (click on "watch preview") and the song is familiar but I'm not good with my Operas... Someone else will probably recognize it.
    michelle

Fukushima hybrid gopher givemfitz's Avatar
    Status

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm unable to get the trailer. It just moves me through a couple of pages to a Krays page ehere I can find no trailer option.
    I did find this though http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=175740
    As I lay there gazing up at the billions of stars above my head in complete awe of creations beauty and vastness the most pressing question on my mind about the meaning of it all was, "Where in the hell is my roof?"

Status

This song is used in a sort of old commercial for Six Flags to show how scary the roller coasters are. It's been used in tons of movies, and on a few movie trailers but FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANNOT FIGURE IT OUT!!!

Anywho, it's this haunting opera chorus that's like screaming the words. And it's NOT O FORTUNA!, I am POSITIVE it is not O Fortuna!. People have been trying to figure this out FOREVER on this site but they cannot properly describe it, and I am having a difficult time trying, too. It was used on an ad for Cartoon Network's Theatre for "Scooby Doo Meets the Boo Brothers." In the song, the chorus sings two notes, the first higher than the second, and then repeats this twice. After they sing these six note (high note, lower note, high note, lower note, high note, lower note) as I have said they sing three notes ascending in pitch. So it sounds some what like this: high note, lower note, high note, lower note, high note, lower note, note, higher note, higher note. And the notes are accentuated like this: FIRST second THIRD fourth FIFTH sixth, etc. I HOPE THIS RIDICULOUS EXPLANATION HELPS... It would help me and many others. BUT I AM POSITIVE, POSITIVE, POSITIVE, it is not O Fortuna, which is also a great piece. This unknown one that I speak of definitely has the creepier edge, though.

Status

It sounds like you're talking about music from E.S. Posthumus. Check out a track entitled, "Nara". I hope this helped.

By the way, your description of the music is the most insane thing I've ever read.

Status

Sorry, it's not "Nara" by Posthumus. Thanks for the suggestion, though! I'm taking any suggestions I get... How is this such a POPULAR song yet no one seems to know the name of it? NO-ONE!!!

Thanks again!