2010 Winter Olympics Vancouver

Re: Vancouver 2010: Apolo Ohno montage (14 Feb, ~8:54p CST)

I'd like to know this, too.

As was stated in a previous post by ssreverb, it is from the movie soundtrack "Sunshine" by John Murphy. It is an okay Sci-fi movie about our sun dying, but the music was excellent.

Re: Vancouver 2010: Apolo Ohno montage (14 Feb, ~8:54p CST)

Looking for the name of the music playing during the Apolo Ohno montage that NBC aired from about 8:54-8:56p CST tonight. If anyone else recognized that, I'm all ears.

View Above Post...

The title track from Sunshine by John Murphy.

As was stated in a previous post by ssreverb, it is from the movie soundtrack "Sunshine" by John Murphy. It is an okay Sci-fi movie about our sun dying, but the music was excellent.

View Above Post...

Thank you! Found it on YouTube. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQXVzg2PiZw]YouTube[/ame]

Gorgeous thing.

Anyone know anything about the "Canada Welcomes The World" montage that I've posted about / had threads merged into here / etc.? Seems like that's the big unknown.

Two Steps From Hell and Brian Tyler have both provided music for the Olympics.

Two Steps From Hell and Brian Tyler have both provided music for the Olympics.
Okay, for where in the Olympics?

According to Tyler's MySpace page, he composed music for the 2004 and 2006 Olympics, but no mention of the 2010 Vancouver games. Though a bit of his music from Children of Dune was featured in the Brokaw-narrated video about US/Canada relations mentioned above.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNY0D4z5FJ4]Children of Dune - The Jihad (Brian Tyler)[/ame]

Last edited:
According to Tyler's MySpace page, he composed music for the 2004 and 2006 Olympics, but no mention of the 2010 Vancouver games. Though a bit of his music from Children of Dune was featured in the Brokaw-narrated video about US/Canada relations mentioned above.

Children of Dune - The Jihad (Brian Tyler)

Yup. That was for the World War II and Afghanistan portion. Still looking for the Iranian Hostage Crisis bit though...

Hey everyone - Im looking to know the song in the bombardier ad where the old man is trying to light his pipe and they are watching the olympic flame cross Canada. I would include a youtube clip but I cannot find it anywhere online.

Also looking to know the song in the Hudsons Bay Company ad for the 2010 Olympic clothes. It is more classical and it shows the history of settlement in Canada.

Thanks!

Anyone know anything about the "Canada Welcomes The World" montage that I've posted about / had threads merged into here / etc.? Seems like that's the big unknown.
In both Athens and Torino during the initial opening montages on NBC they used Immediate Music... so it's likely more from Immediate Music this year (or a similar production music company).

In both Athens and Torino during the initial opening montages on NBC they used Immediate Music... so it's likely more from Immediate Music this year (or a similar production music company).

Hmm, didn't know that. Immediate Music's output is pretty substantial; I can't seem to find a match for either of those first two pieces played on their commercial "Trailerhead" album or any of the samples from the Themes for Orchestra/Choir collections.

IM or X-Ray Dog would certainly fit the bill. Can anyone help narrow it down?

FYI - I found the music from the Iranian Hostage Crisis portion of Brokaw's Canada-US Piece.
It is "Palladio" by Kerrey Muzzey

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgUhb5SlFu8[/ame]

So for the "Canada Welcomes the World" piece, the segment of music beginning when the curling rocks hit is "Protectors of the Earth" by Two Steps From Hell.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sosxmK4JmXs[/ame]

Re: 2010 Winter Olympics Pairs Skating Short Program

It is Piano Fantasy by Maksim Mrvica - All of the skaters profiles on vancouver2010.com list their music selections.

where on that site does it list the music, I am going crazy trying to find it?

Re: 2010 Vancouver - Couples Skate(American Couple) song?

Evora and Ladwig? Yeah, I looked it up myself... beautiful little thing.

Try listening to the theme from "Love Actually" by Craig Armstrong (source). Amazon sample here, track #14 -- was that the one?

It was that couple of could have actually been the canadian couple that were a couple in real life (cute blonde) was that song use listed the short or the long pair skate program? I am talking about the short. That song for some reason doesn't ring a bell. I recognize it from other things, but don't think that's the one I am after.

So for the "Canada Welcomes the World" piece, the segment of music beginning when the curling rocks hit is "Protectors of the Earth" by Two Steps From Hell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sosxmK4JmXs

Sweet! Thank you so much.

Two to go.

It was that couple of could have actually been the canadian couple that were a couple in real life (cute blonde) was that song use listed the short or the long pair skate program? I am talking about the short. That song for some reason doesn't ring a bell. I recognize it from other things, but don't think that's the one I am after.

Hmm... was it a waltz? Per this, the Canadian couple's short program music is "Fascination" by Filippo Marchetti. Just for the sake of identifying it (I don't remember if this was it), some lady uploaded a video of herself playing it on piano.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFJx6PIWmEk]YouTube[/ame].

where on that site does it list the music, I am going crazy trying to find it?
If you go to this page for example and click the '+' sign on the far right of each standing, it opens up a section of stats on the performance. The title of the song that was skated to is given in between the two tables of info. You can also click the + at the far right of the green bar to expand all the sections.

Canadian pair Jessica Dube & Bryce Davidson skated to: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE0UA8RREX4]"Requiem For A Dream" by Clint Mansell[/ame] That song has been used in a lot of movie trailers & I believe was also used in promos for Lost towards the end of last season (or possibly the season before... they all kind of run together).

If you go to this page for example and click the '+' sign on the far right of each standing, it opens up a section of stats on the performance. The title of the song that was skated to is given in between the two tables of info. You can also click the + at the far right of the green bar to expand all the sections.

Canadian pair Jessica Dube & Bryce Davidson skated to "Requiem For A Dream" by Clint Mansell. That song has been used in a lot of movie trailers & I believe was also used in promos for Lost towards the end of last season (or possible the season before... they all kind of run together).

Yeah, that was definitely used somewhere also; getting my athletes/songs mixed up. If that's the one you were after, there is a commercial release of that "remixed" theme via Corner Stone Cues over on Amazon, though different from the ~4 minute one linked. There is also a ~6:40 version of Clint Mansell's theme that's been quite popular since it was created for LoTR:Twin Towers trailer.

FYI: The remix of Lux Aeterna from Clint Mansell -- which is what's linked above -- frequently goes by the name "Requiem for a Tower" (obviously playing off Requiem for a Dream).

Re: Vancouver 2010: "Canada Welcomes The World" Montage

About 20 or 25 minutes into the opening ceremony coverage on NBC, they aired this 7-minute montage beginning with the discovery of Vancouver, the geography, the history, and then moving on to Olympic notables and the like.

The video can be found here.

I'm trying to find out anything I can about any of the music used in that montage, especially the first two pieces (but I'd like all of them).

Music transitions at 2:08 and 4:03.

Anyone?

So we're 1 of 3 on this one so far.

Start -- ??
2:08 -- "Protectors of the Earth" by Two Steps From Hell
4:03 -- ??

I really like the piece that plays for the first two minutes. Any further help is greatly appreciated!

Back