Volvo

JWP

Reaction score
I AM GOING TO DO THE BEST I CAN WITH THIS AND BE AS DETAILED AS I CAN BE, BUT IT IS GOING TO BE TOUGH SINCE I HAVEN'T SEEN THIS COMMERCIAL IN ABOUT 2-3 YEARS, AND ONLY SAW IT TWICE. I AM HOPING THAT SOMEONE WILL BE ABLE TO NAME THAT TUNE!
HERE GOES: CAR COMMERCIAL IS AN OLDER ONE AS MENTIONED ABOVE, IT IS FOR A FOREIGN (?) LUXURY CAR, I BELIEVE (LEXUS/MERCEDES/JAG?). ANYWAY, IT HAS A LADY WALKING AROUND THE CAR DRESSED IN AN ELEGANT DRESS (BLACK AND WHITE DRESS WITH A BRIMMED HAT MAYBE?) OR A PROFESSIONAL LOOKING FEMALE BUSINESS SUIT. MAYBE EVEN SMOKING A LONG CIGARRETTE WITH MUSIC PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND AND A WOMAN VOICING OVER WITH A SEXY BRITISH ACCENT. I THINK ONE LINE THAT KEEPS GETTING REPEATED/SPLICED IN SAYS SOMETHING LIKE, "YOU'RE VERY BEAUTIFUL" OR "YOU'RE VERY ATTRACTIVE." SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES, I THINK. I CAN'T EXPLAIN THE MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND THOUGH. MAYBE A BOSA NOVA? SORRY I COULDN'T BE MORE CLEAR. ANYWAY, I HOPE THAT SOMEONE ELSE EITHER KNOWS WHAT CAR COMPANY IT IS, OR WHO THE SONG ARTIST IS THAT PUT THE SONG TOGETHER! THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU MAY OFFER...JP

Did you see this ad in the US, Canada, Europe, elsewhere?

hey...

i'm pretty sure the song you're looking for is "would you...?" by touch & go. you can have a listen here. hope that's it!!

TO ANSWER THE FIRST RESPONSE, I SAW IT IN THE U.S.

THANKS FOR THE SECOND RESPONSE, BUT THAT WASN'T THE TUNE. THANK YOU FOR TRYING THOUGH, IT WAS A REASONABLE GUESS....

oops...i totally read over the "british accent" thing you wrote. now i'm stumped because i can sort of remember the commercial. eeek :blink: the only other song i can think of that i've heard a british lady talking is this one song "une stylish fille" by dimitri from paris, his album 'sacrebleu'. but that's probably not it...will keep thinking...

Hmmm....
Sounds like it's a Chrysler Sebring commercial and the woman in it would be Diana Krall. I won't be able to tell the exact title of the song, but it could be "The Look of Love".

Song wasn't by Diana Krall. I know her work too well. I am sorry I am so darn vague on this song, it has been awhile. A female Brit accent, shown in the U.S., foreign luxury car, kind of a basa nova-type music in the background, and the woman's voice is sampled over the music saying something like "You're very beautiful" or "You're very attractive." Something along those lines. A lot of quick flashes from unknown woman to car, both looking sleak. Years ago when this commercial came out, they didn't have a website like this! If they had, I'd be clearer on what it was i saw/heard! I have to apologize! This song has been driving me nuts for about 2-3 years now! Thanks for any help you can offer! Who knew that they were going to start producing decent music for commercials???

Amelie Mellow,

You are truly something else! You did it! It was a VOLVO commercial from about 3-4 years ago, Dmitri was the artist and the song you "thought" it might be WAS the song!!! "Une Very Stylish Fille"! I have no idea how you did it, given the vague/sparse details I had provided you, but you were right! Dmitri samples in Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard's voices from "Breakfast at Tiffany's"! Thanks again! Thanks to all who attempted to help me find the name of the song, given the very vague details from my description! You're a CHAMP! Peace! :D

Back