Verizon Wireless Slide Phone

LizzieU

Reaction score
I just searched this forum for Verizon commercial songs and I don't think this has been brought up yet. Does anyone know the song in the new Verizon Wireless commercial with their slide phones? The slide phones are dancing around, and the lyrics to the song go something like, "slide, slide, slippity slide..." It's a funk song. It sounds like something by the Bar-Kays.

Oh my, I remember that song from high school. It sounds like it, but without the added 90's background beat. Maybe Coolio sampled an old funk song?

i edited my 1st post after seeing the ad. definitely NOT coolio, like i originally thought! :)

Westside G Style (just looked up the lyrics) definitely has that line of lyrics in it; I wish I knew what it sounded like.

i finally found an audio sample and it sounded like the right song to me. I had a hard time finding an audio sample, and now I can't find the link again... <_<

Eureka! I think I have found it. The Coolio song ended helping me out, believe it or not. :) There's a song called "Fantastic Voyage" by a group called Lakeside, and the very beginning of the song sounds exactly like the commercial. The rest of the song has more melody, so it's hard to find a good sample.

I e-mailed Verizon and they sent me this:

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website.

We have received your message regarding the song used in the Slider
phone commercial and we are happy to assist. The song is performed by a
group called Lakeside.

We hope that the information we have provided has been helpful. Please
do not hesitate to contact us again.

Good find. Thanks for filling us in and straightening out the confusion!

You can hear audio sample of the song here. The song "Fantastic Voyage" by Lakeside is on their "Galactic Grooves" CD.

Back