V for Vendetta breakfast...

Guardianlion

Reaction score
I was eating breakfast and i was reminded of the movie "V for Vendetta", i have no reason why I suddenly remember this movie, but there was this food that was in the movie. It was a piece of toast with and egg in the middle. I always wanted to know what that was called. After seeing the movie I forgot all about it lol. Oh well anyone know what i'm talking about. thanks.

It's called different stuff, the one name that comes to mind is "eggs in a basket".

Smartass, it's not ON the toast. You cut a hole in the middle of the bread and put the bread in a pan, then crack an egg into the hole and fry them together, flip em and fry em on the other side.

Several names actually: "eggs in the basket", "spit in the eye", "egg in a hole", "egg with a whole in the middle", "bullseye eggs", "cowboy eggs," "egg in toast," "eggs in a blanket," "eggs in a frame," "eggs in a nest," "eggy toast," "gas house eggs," "gasthaus eggs," "hole in one," "one-eyed jacks," "popeye eggs," "rocky mountain eggs," "wes-egg" and "Egyptian fish eye."

I was bored... ;)

Back