US Postal Service

Noodles

Reaction score
I am looking for the song that is used in the new postal service ad. The lyrics go something like "I'm going to wrap myself up...send myself to you..." It is a male vocalist. I have emailed the USPS and they were not able to provide any information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It's by Woody Guthrie, and the song is called "Mail Myself to You".

Hi,

Yes, the song "Mail Myself to You" was written by Woody Guthrie. The version on the the USPS commercial is sung by John McCutcheon.

Lena

Does anyone know who sings the new USPS Holiday commercial song....some of the words are...."I'ma gonna mail myself to you".....

Guess at 'I'm Gonna Mail Myself to You' - Woody Guthrie...?

Rob

OK, so.. dumb question.. but does anyone know if Arlo and Woody Guthrie are related?

Can someone help me identify the song in the US Postal Service commercial? It could be simply a holiday commercial. Some of the lyrics are "I'm-a gonna wrap myself in paper, I'm-a gonna dot myself with glue ... Stick some stamps on the top of my head...I'm-a gonna send myself ... to ... you"

It could merely be a jingle proprietal to the Post Office commercial, but I'd love to know if it's an entire song and who the artist is performing it in the commercial.

I would appreciate any help anyone could give me!

Too addicted to commercials,
Southern

Read this old Weblog entry about the song -- which is available as a free download from Amazon.com.

All you jinglephiles,

Hugs to you all and thank you so much!!!

I love this song!!

Wrapping myself in music,
southerncharmer2

Back