United Airlines "Sea Orchestra"

jlcool007

Reaction score
well watching the 2008 olympics, a commercial came one about united airlines. as usual, rhapsody In Blue was the same song. what i can't seem to find out is what the particular song used in this commercial in is. Starts out with a few "faux" intros, then finally plays at the end with a dramatic ending. I'm sure if you've seen/head it, you'd know what i'm talking about.

i need to know the VERSION and conductor (any other pertinent information would be nice) of this song.

thanks!!!

I just watched the commercial a couple of times on dvr, and I think it is just a new "overture" for Rhapsody in Blue. It is a beautiful commercial and the music is incredible. I would be curious to know who did it as well.

Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin is one of the most beloved jazz classical pieces of music of all time.. Nice too, that Gershwin is considered American's own version of a great classical composer, considering there are not many given that title.. <_< He wrote RinB in 1924 and it was first premiered the same year by conductor Paul Whiteman.. You can purchase this version just about anywhere.. There have been and still are a lot of arguments about this piece of music and serveral others of Gershwins in the same vein as RinB.. It doesn't matter to me, I consider them as pure classical pieces.. Many others consider Gershwin's works to be strictly jazz music and they feel he should not be placed in the same catagory as such great classical composers such as Mozart, Bach, etc.. They can kiss my big, fat you know what! :lol: Gershwin is simply the greatest American classical composer there is to me (although I put John Williams right up there beside him)..
If you like Rhapsody in Blue check out An American in Paris and his Concerto in F.. All wonderful works.. I think it's great United Airlines continues to use RinB in it's commercials.. It peaks the interest of people to go and listen to Gershwin's wonderful music and keeps his legacy to Amecian alive and well.. Thank you, UA.. B)

Back