Unidentified song on radio has been haunting me for over a year!

sparklyyy

Reaction score
Hi, Everyone!

During the summer of 2008, I heard a song on the radio that I liked. Ever since then, on and off, I've thought of it. I figured it's about time I solve this mystery once and for all! If there's a person (or people) out there who can figure it out, it will be right here on Adtunes!

Unfortunately, I don't have too much information about the song, but here's what I can tell you: I heard the song on the radio in August 2008. I was listening to a radio station in Los Angeles (most likely, it was either 98.7, 102.7, 103.5 or 104.3 -- hot adult contemporary/top-40 stations). The song was performed by a male vocalist, and I believe the song was a rap song. I remember being stuck in my car on the freeway, thinking about how it would be a great song to dance to in a club. Lyrically, I can only distinctly recall a small part: "I gotta shine," followed by a single blare of a siren that gets higher pitched as it sounds. I'm almost positive that the line was "I gotta shine," but it could have been something similar, such as 'time to shine,' etc. I am positive about the siren, though!

I tried searching to the end of the Internet, but I haven't had any luck. :( If anyone is able to help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

Hi! Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, that's not it. :( The mystery song is a bit more "hard hitting." Definitely a fun dance song. It's driving me crazy.

Back